43 I DEAR KEELIAN...

-ONE MONTH LATER-

"Yes, I got it."

"Are you sure you don't want to talk to my dad, too?" Price asks me with a hint of suspicion in his boyish voice.

"It's alright, Price. I'll trust you."

"Okay, Keelian. Thanks!"

When he finally cuts the line, I breathe out. The kid makes me frustrated, but somehow I don't find it in me to be annoyed. He went through a lot, too.

However my stomach still turns sometimes, because even though it wasn't Price who pulled the trigger that killed Leonardo, he was still on the same side with Lex and Jessica.

One is dead, another is in an asylum now, one month after that night which the other rich families started calling 'the Samuels curse'. At first it sounded rather funny to call organized killing a 'curse' but after some research in my late father's books and on the Internet, I found out that something quite similar happened in our family a long time ago.

Back in the twenty first century, in the year of 2017, about ten decades after the name Samuels first appeared, two brothers by the names Julien and Ryan Samuels didn't exactly end up on good terms, as the younger one, Ryan, stabbed Julien in his sleep so he could be the only to inherit the family name and later create an empire out of it by the year 2040 when he was still at the age of only 38.

The fact that I'm the ancestor of a killer makes me shiver but he probably wasn't the only one to have blood on his hands, and I also don't know his reasoning behind killing his brother, neither his circumstances. After all I also killed my father, even if it was because he told me to do so.

Who knows? Maybe it was Julien who pleaded Ryan to end his life because of a sin he couldn't forgive himself for? I guess we'll never truly know.

I sigh, caressing my growing tum. Leonardo wasn't around to find out that he's actually becoming a father.

I only went to have myself checked about two weeks ago when I suddenly started vomiting and having upset stomach even without eating anything that might've irritated me. As surprised as I was to hear it, I loved to know that a little blessing came out of this entire situation.

Maybe it won't ever be as good as it would've been having Sanchez at my side, but this baby will still be the reminder of a love that lived on even after death.

I return my hand on the steering wheel and the diamond on my ring finger shines under the dying sun of the afternoon. I smile gently and look back at the road before I cause an incident. My thoughts are far from reality, though, as the events of a month ago come back in a flash.

We hold the funeral the following Tuesday. Two days after Leonardo died.

The weather that day is unnervingly nice, the sun shines brightly and I sweat severely in the black dress that I have on.

My dad's funeral was the day before and it was way bigger than Leo's. It was full of people, more than ten families came to express their condolences to me.

I've been wearing black way too often these days.

My mother's is tomorrow but I'm not sure I'll have the emotional power to even attend. Stupid, who'll be there for her if not you? Jessica? Whom you send to Lacy's? I mock my own self and sigh inappropriately in the middle of the pastor's prayer, which brings all eyes on me.

When I gaze back at each individual person who's staring, I see their eyes waver under the power on my own.

Those people have no right to judge me, especially when all of them but the youngest were on the event the other day and are aware of everything that happened to me.