46 I REAPPEAR

I arrive at 2:01pm on the assigned place. Taking another glance at the paper only to read the same thing, the suspicion only grows larger.

South Gate business center. 2 pm.

So why is there nobody but me in the lobby?

"You're late." I hear a cold voice from somewhere behind me and I point a gun straight onto someone's chest. He grabs it and doesn't even flinch. I look up at him. He's pretty tall, almost as tall as Leonardo as well as slightly thinner.

"Said it the one who's even more late." I reply bitingly and he smiles. Why do I feel like I've seen him before? There's a sense of familiarity but I can't quite put my finger on it.

"That's true but still I had work to do, that's why I was late. What's your excuse?" He pushes the gun off his chest, still clutching the barrel. "Also what's with this gun? Do you think I'm here to fight?" A sour grimace. Again, this feeling that I know him signalizes in my brain. I cock my head and narrow my eyes. Who the hell are you?

"My excuse is having a multibillionaire company to run and a few thousand people to look after. Sounds good enough to you?" I retrieve my gun, strapping it in the back of my jeans again. "Also even if you're not here to fight, how am I expected to know that from the way you contacted me? Bribing my lawyer to falsify a document for adoption? Really?" I look him up and down. He's wearing an expensive suit. "You don't look like you're in need of money."

"It's because I'm not. But let's continue this conversation somewhere less...public." He replies and goes to the single person in the room, the receptionist, to ask for a key to one of the conference rooms. I sign at my guards to come out from their hideouts. When the man turns around, he eyes both of them with boredom written all over his sharp features. "Ah, you finally came out from behind the doors. Nice to meet you, too."

The two men at my sides exchange incredulous looks which later fall on me. I keep my composure, because this mysterious guy doesn't seem to be a fool. I had a feeling that he'll know about me coming with someone to keep my back, but I never imagined he'd even be aware where they hid.

Nobody has ever really busted the two guards and I've worked with them for quite a few business meetings.

"Alright, let's go." He leads the three of us and we mount the elevator. It almost seems ridiculous: three men that are all over 1.80cm tall and an eighteen year old girl who looks anything but threatening in her white blouse and dark wash jeans.

The machine finally comes to a halt and I thank it for moving fast. The two guys next to me are so bulky and big that they were leaving almost no air way for me to breathe down there. I was getting very hot and oxygen deprived, very fast.

The man unlocks the first room on our left and we all enter. He waits for us to get inside, holding the door for all three of us. My men are up before me so I end up being last. I stand right at the entrance, with my hands crossed in front of chest and I refuse to take another step. The man's eyebrows fly in what seems to be a mixture between surprise and amusement, but he lets go of the handle, letting me hold it for myself. I close it behind me. "Give me the keys." I demand, my voice leveled.

"Here you go." The man surrenders them without even thinking about it twice and throws them right in my hands. Good aim.

I put them in my back pocket, well aware that sitting will be pretty uncomfortable, but still, safety before everything, am I right?

"So." I begin, plopping on the stiff business chair on the opposite side of the guy. Of course when my arse touches the hard surface, my left cheek hurts from the edges of the keys, but I try my best to keep my face from showing any discomfort. "What is it that you so desperately needed to meet me about?"