Not that Leo cares; if there are no people to fear you, there are no people to respect you, either.

"I should get myself a sign that says 'Do not disturb'." Leo groans. "These guys are everywhere." He mumbles annoyed and lays on his favorite chair like he always does when he needs to relax. Not long after, he pops open his first wine bottle of the evening, sure that it won't be the last. The bitter smell of it fills his nostrils and he doesn't even bother to use his glass, taking a sip from the bottle...

Three days later, he receives a call. It's from Mr. Lawrence. He ignores it...

The man continues on calling repeatedly and on Friday, Leonardo finally picks up.

"Mr. Sanchez?" Jim asks incredulously. He was starting to lose hope that the younger would answer. "I'm so thrilled you answered."

"What do you want?"

Just as always, Mr. Lawrence jumps straight to the news.

"Jessica Samuels was taken hostage three days ago, when I first called you."

Leonardo's eyebrows scrunch up and he sits straight in his armchair, suddenly invested in this conversation. "How? Why?"

"She went to Troy Lex to renew her sister's information and the guy decided to abduct her."

Leonardo scoffs. "I told Lex that I want Keelian, not that trash."

"I am aware, sir. I took it upon me to meet Mr. Lex and talk to him about it personally. He told me his plan is simple but surely effective. By capturing Jessica, he'll get her sister, because there's no way Keelian would let this slide."

Sanchez nods, this scheme actually making sense in his mind. "Alright, I got it. I guess everything is going well, even though to me this sounds just like an unwanted complication. They could've kept Keelian's ID, threatened...Jessica not to say a word and let her go." There's a sour taste left in his mouth when he says her name. He prefers calling her by words far less pretty than that.

Mr. Lawrence sighs. "I think there's some personal revenge that we're witnessing. That guy, Lex's right hand...Price? Yes. I heard he has history with the Samuels."

Confused, Leonardo hums. "That might be a reason behind it, but they didn't seem particularly interested in that family when we paid them a visit." The younger takes a second, contemplating whether he should bring this up. He does, anyway. "If anything, that guy seemed more involved with you."

There's a pause, but after a quick, barely audible sound that might pass as clearing of the throat, Jim continues. "Mr. Sanchez, you know better than anyone that this world is filled with exquisite liars. You never know what to expect from anyone."

"Yes, that goes for you, too, Jim." Sanchez counterattacks and the line suddenly grows deafeningly quiet. Leonardo lets out a weak laugh, provoked by the sudden lack of response. "You are really good at speaking about others, Mr. Lawrence but when it comes to you, you have nothing to say."

"I'm afraid not, sir. I can't say anything to change your mind on this, because it's as simple as you think: I received money and I broke your trust."

"Ouch." Leonardo answers sarcastically, hoping that the hurt in his voice sounds fake, when in reality it isn't. "At least there's one thing that never changes: you can be brutally honest no matter what your words might do to the other person."

"Do you remember what I told you when I first met you, sir? I've known all along that you'd only become more and more successful, but I also believed that you were realizing what this would cost you. I guess I must've had my expectations too high, because you're still way too sensitive and that trust you have in people, believe me Mr. Sanchez, will ruin you someday."

There's another long pause, as Leonardo bites the nail on his thumb in frustration. He can feel himself slowly slipping on the road to madness again, so he must finish off this conversation before it hits him. "What can I do, Mr. Lawrence, when this trust is the only human thing that's left in me?"

Jim chuckles darkly and Leonardo's heart drops. The old man is nowhere as innocent and goodhearted as he thought. "In this world, sir, you either have money and connections or you have sanity and consciousness, and from what I know about you, you're still unsure as to what path you want to take. You might have it all right now, but soon, Mr. Sanchez, you'll be left with nothing if you don't make your choice."

Mr. Lawrence's words sound more like a threat than anything and the obvious challenge in his voice only makes Sanchez want to prove him wrong more badly. His competitive personality comes to life, ready to be triumphant once again.

"Let's make a deal then, Mr. Lawrence. I'll have no trust in you and you'll have no trust in me but that will keep us together." He smiles and stares out the window, "Bring me Keelian Samuels. We'll convince her to take our side and then when it's too late, she'll be surrounded. There will be no way for her to run away from my grasp. I'll get my revenge."

And that's how those two start working together again.

Going back to reality, Sanchez laughs out loud. When he thinks about it, the old man has always been there in case Leo changed his mind and decided to be one of the good guys. Jim Lawrence, being the only father figure in the younger's life, was actually the daily dose of venom that was enough to fuel Leonardo's already messed up mind. All of this hate and obsession were used by the manipulative driver in his own damn favor.

Even though Sanchez was his boss, the younger was never the one pulling the strings. Lawrence was always one step ahead of him.

And that pisses Leonardo off. Nobody can feed off of him and his emotions.

"Now that I've come to the realization that Keelian Samuels isn't my real enemy, I can finally return you the favor, Mr. Lawrence. Thanks for making me the crazy bastard I am. It's your turn to play the game now."