4: The truth in the Heart

June 10th, 2012
Danny's point of view
As we were walking around the basement of the car garage, we heard something coming from the cleaning closet. It sounded like someone yell or trying to yell for help. We head in to see some young male is taped to a chair, and he is saying something.

We couldn't understand it, it sounded like boom or bomb. Then the phone in his pocket rings, and he starts trying to say it louder. That's the last thing I remember, before it all went dark. I woke up to piles of metal and concrete on top of my leg, and fallen all over beside me. I could hear Steve yelling for me, so I raise my hand and say "Steve I'm over here, Steve."

He comes over and grabbed my hand, and he then tells me "Buddy you got some concrete on top of your leg we got to get it off." He then try's to lift it. "Danny it's too heavy, I have to find something to help me lift it. Give me just a minute I'll be right back." He leaves and I start think about yesterday and how I never told him. I almost died today and if I did he will never know that I'm gay or how I feel.

I was also surprised he hadn't asked about what happened yesterday, and what I was going to tell him. Steve had finally came back with a metal bar, he was going to use it to move this big piece of concrete. He got it off and I could feel something in my side it wasn't right. He looked and there was a metal pin or something stuck in my side. He then said "Danny I have to take this out, I'm not gonna lie it's gonna hurt. You have to stay with me through the whole thing, okay?"

I just shake my head yes, and we than argue about just keeping it in, but it wasn't an option. He took it out and we were resting, when he asked "What were you going to tell me yesterday?" I took a deep breath and said "Okay I'm going to tell you but you can't let this change us, and promise that you won't act weird after I tell you this." He shook his head and I continued

"Steven, I know you just broke up with Catherine. But I have to tell you, because we almost died and I would feel awful if I died without telling you this. Steven I love you." He looked at me and said "I love you too buddy." I was getting kind of mad about him not understanding me. I raised my voice and said "No, you don't get it. I am in love with you. I have feelings towards you, not in a friend way anymore. I'm gay, Steve. It's more serious, I need you to react in someway instead of acting like I didn't tell you something important."

He didn't say anything, I was really mad now "Steven what the hell is the matter with you, say something." He just said " Danny lets get out of here than we can talk about this more." No I was not going to just talk later about this. I was pissed I was actually yelling now " You stubborn son of a bitch, we are trapped why can't we talk now? Know what never mind forget I said anything. When we get out I'll go put in for a job at HPD, that way things won't be awkward."

Then he raised his voice as well "Danny why?" He quickly lowered his voice "Danny I love you too, the same way as you feel towards me. And the last thing on earth I want to happen is for you to leave five-o for HPD. I never told you this because of everything with Rachel. I didn't want to get in the way, that's the reason I left with Catherine. I left because I thought I would forget those feelings for you, and maybe just stay with Catherine."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing, maybe this was just some crazy concussion dream I was having. This couldn't of actually happened, and I noticed Steve was just staring at me. "Rachael wanted to leave Stan for me, even after she found out the baby was his. I broke up with her, because I realized I couldn't stay in the closet for the rest of my life."

That's when we seen light, they had opened a spot for us to get out at. Steve helped me put the safety harness on, then they pulled me up. I was thinking of Steve the whole time. After being up for only a few seconds but felt like hours I said "Steve you have to get Steve up here. Quick, he's down there. Steve it's coming don't worry."

When Steve came up he was laughing I'm guessing about how worried I sounded. He than helped me over to the ambulance to get checked out. He came to sit by me, and occasionally hold my hand while they poked at me. I'm sure everyone thought he was just comforting me, and that's probably all this is.

After I got checked out
He stayed with me when I was getting checked out. When I was finished there we headed over to my car and got in. We had a lot of things to talk about. I'm hoping he'll be serious about this, and actually talk to me. I mean maybe he's bi, or something else. I just need to know where this is going.