"How come you always have to be holding me?" I ask him smiling as if I was not injured.

He pulls me closer being careful not to hit my arm. "Because if anyone tried to take you or hurt you they would have to go through me." He answers.

I place my head on his shoulder. I know that he cares for me as much as I care for him.

"What about when I'm not with you?"

"Then I wish and hope that you are safe. So where shall we go today?" He asks.

I think for a second. "How about a movie? And a little stroll. We could spend the whole day together doing anything."

"Alright. Meet me on the bridge in the park at noon. I'll give you my number if you want to meet earlier or later." He says.

I nod. "Then can you go grab my bag? It's on the other side and it has my phone."

He nods. He turns and grabs it. He takes out my phone and types in his number. Then he grabs a rag and he walks down to the river.

"Anything comes, yell." He tells me before he gets up. He also kisses my head.

I hear him walk down to the river. He dips the rag in. Then he rinses the extra water. He walks back over to me. He wraps it around my burn as carefully as he can. Then he kisses my cheek.

"That'll help lessen the pain. I know because I've learned from the best." He says.

I cuddle up into his arms. He then sits Indian style and he picks me up and places my on his lap. I roll my eyes as he smiles. He really loves picking me up.

He tells me about his pack. He has an older brother named Brendan who was also the alpha. He lives in the pack house, which was a giant house with every member of his pack lives in. He is the pack's beta. He is second in command.

Dustin's P.O.V.

After I told Ella about my pack she told me about her's. Most of her pack lives all over the United States. Her family is decedents of Count Dracula. She was also royalty to vampires. Her father was the leader of her entire pack and their individual clan. Her older brother, Damien, is the second in command and is very protective over Ella and her sister. Her older sister, Holly, is a healer and is very kind to almost everyone. Her mother is also a healer. She told me the rest of her pack would be arriving soon so I have to be careful.

"My parents can be very overprotective a lot. But not as much as Damien." She says.

"At least you have parents." I say under my breath.

"What happened to yours?" She asked softly.

"They died protecting Brendan and me." I say softly.

She lifts up my head. I was very sad. I didn't want her to see me like this. I tried to hide my face again but she wouldn't let me. I was getting frustrated. I think she could tell. I started shaking my head. She grabs my head firmly. We stare into each other’s eyes. Then she leans in and connects her lips to mine. When she breaks the kiss a minute later she was inches from my face.

"You should never be ashamed of feeling sad. Whenever you need someone I'll be here. I will be here for you no matter what. I promise." She whispers.

Then I lean in and continue the kiss. My hands were around her waist. Her hands were around my neck. We stayed liked that for what seemed like hours. But in reality it was only a few minutes. When Logan came back, the kiss was broken again. We turn to him.

"Was I interrupting something?" He asked.

Ella was still sitting on my lap from when I had pulled her onto me. Even with Logan here she remained. I still had my hands around her waist. Logan knelt down and tried to place the medicine on Ella's arm. I could tell she didn't feel comfortable with him doing this. I take the medicine from his hands and I place it on Ella's burn. After that she put the sunscreen on as Logan and I grabbed our stuff. Then we come face to face again as Logan stared at us. She kissed my cheek and then gave me a hug goodbye. Then she headed across the Hudson to her house.

When she was gone I turned to Logan. "You had to stare at us didn't you?" I ask angrily.

"Sorry."

"Also how come you followed me last night?"

"I saw you leaving and I thought you might end up getting hurt again. You're my best friend. I can't let your butt get kicked."

"Thanks." I say sarcastically.

Ella's P.O.V.

I cross the river and came to the road a few yards from the river. I cross the road and I arrive at my house. I eat some breakfast that Holly made. It was toast. She looked at me.

"How come you’re wearing the same clothes as yesterday?" She asked.

"I forgot to bring a second pair of clothes so I wore these." I said.

Luckily I remembered to put on perfume to mask Dustin's scent. After I ate I took a shower. I wore jeans, a blouse, and my sneakers. I put a jacket on over my blouse for two reasons. One, so no one would ask why I'm all dressed up in a blouse. Two, so no one will see my burn.

I walk down stairs. The door was open. I walked outside. There were a lot of trucks. I walked up to Damien.

"What's with the trucks?"

"The rest of the pack is here." He answered. Then he walked away to help move things.

Then I heard someone call my name. I turn around. It was Harry. He has brown hair. He walks up to me. I run to my dad. I tell him I'm going out. I had my backpack. I ran as fast as I could (which is really fast because I'm a vampire). When I reached town I sat down at a cafe. I got a glass of water. I pull out my phone. I text Dustin.

To Dustin: Hey. I'm at the cafe in town. Please come here. I need to stay away from my house for the day. -Ella

A minute later he replied.

To Ella: Why do you need to stay away from your house for the day? And how's your burn? -Dustin

I replied.

To Dustin: My burn's healing. I'll tell you when you get here. -Ella