Chapter-27 : Persuasion

Start from the beginning

"O..kay..! Shayba, I came here because I just wanted you to know how you already mean so much to me! I mean we just met for once. And look at me! How much I've fallen for you! Without you I'm just a sculpture with a stone heart. Please try to understand how ardently I love you. Please don't make me return with a heavy heart this time Shayba."he renounced.

Are you kidding me?! That's definitely a long memorized dialogue! Don't fall in his traps Shayba. PLEASE!

"I can't believe this! WHY ARE YOU BEING SO STUBBORN???? I said I would think about it, didn't I???? Can't you spare me for only three days??!!!" she yelled. Her tone clearly projecting how repulsed and beaten back she was by his sudden appearance. Well, he mentioned his so called girlfriend's anger to me a while ago.

"Yes. But I thought you won't realize how you already left your footprints in my heart. I want you to feel the same one day as I am feeling now. I promise one day I'll make you fall for me and you won't step back from our wedding. I came to tell you this because I thought we needed this."
Oh my God! He is such a drama king!

"Unbelievable! Why have you come to ruin my tour? Get out of here before making a scene!!"she said ,frustrated, noticing the presence of a crowd slowly gathering around her.

"I will. But later. I'll stay in this hotel till we go back to Dhaka. I will be with you all this time. Let's return home together and tell everyone that we are consentinent of our marriage."

She was up in arms now, "No one is going to spend days together and NO ONE is going to say yes to this stupid marriage proposal! You get that?!"

"Shayba, don't lark and make me puzzle over this. You are saying yes."

"I....I would rather kill myself than marrying a lunatic like you!!!" Her red exasperated eyes filled with water in front of me as she dashed to the stairs trying hard to stop sobbing. She literally blew a fuse.

All on a rush, her niqab fell off her face and flew to the other side of the hall floor. Before long I looked up and saw affront the familiar beautiful face after a decade! Just one glance! I got to see that pretty face for one milisecond when she hurriedly hid it with her palm and ascended to upstairs. Standing in my place,I blankly stared at her stature forgetting to breathe as she disappeared as quickly as possible.

It was the loud sound of the crowd and a jolt from behind that brought me back to the present.

I stared down and yes, it was still there. Walking two steps forward, I picked up the niqab when no one paid a single glance of importance to it.

The allure I am groping inside my chest holding this tiny little piece of black cloth is enow to realize that I am attracted to her more than anyone else in this world. The pang I am feeling in my heart right now to see her crying and the longing I am cherishing inside me every moment to wipe off the teardrops from her face are ample to understand that my affection for her isn't something trifle. The fume I can feel burning in my head to kill that suited guy right now, in front of everyone and in this instant, is enough proof that I am feeling possessiveness over her.

Yes. I can't deny that anymore.

I am in love...

With Shayba Ahmed....

Shayba's P.O.V.

Why? Just why did he have to spoil my tour? Why did he come to Coxs' Bazar with such a lame excuse to ruin my days??? He destroyed my reputation in front of everyone! Everyone saw us talking to each other in the hotel lobby and Allah knows what their conception about me was.

Slamming the washroom door as usual when I'm angry or mortified, I took a deep breath in before the mirror when two drops of tear fell down my cheeks.