26- Becoming and Influenced

Start from the beginning

I am so afraid until I back away and into the hallway I run.

"Taetae!" No matter how many times that goma has shouted my name for me to come back, my speed will increase once she calls again. "Please don't leave me, just get me out of this dream..." My orbs widen and I stop. Turning back to the source of sunlight, I stride back towards Heidi when she grabs my hand and pulls me together into nothing.

Nothing, which she has been afraid of. Nothing, where she spreads her wings and flies.

Eventually, I cover my face with my spare hand. Warmth rains all over my back when I recognise that my bat wings are vanishing. They crack and they shred, into bits, burning into ashes when falling away.

Wincing upon that slight pain, I can feel my backbones growing again, until a pair of wings disappear from goma's back. Our backs glow when everything takes minutes to change, including life.

***

Heidi

Seeing Taehyung's wings are growing back, happiness comes rolling into my mood instantly. But then, bitterness has replaced when I turn back to where we have jumped and the memory about my prelife spent with Bogum upsets me much.

He loved me.

But he doesn't been able to save me. Taehyung does. And I don't know why can't an angel win against a fallen one like Taehyung, like in common-sense, Bogum must be stronger. But things turn out that he doesn't.

Is it because of fate? Or is it because of one's determination? Taehyung's determination to return to Ee Chion has never faded. If there is a chance, he will grab it, no matter what. This is who he is, which no one can ever replace him.

***

Third person's POV

Down in Ak Yeon, the warzone is completely messy after war has ended. Scattered demon's corpses are everywhere together with ichor splashed along. The Zec is badly injured and when it whines, it turns back to humanlike form, revealing Ji Hoon.

His wounds are unable to heal in their usual speed as large amount of the demons' venom has invaded majority of his body, killing all the powerful T-cells living in him. Once he moves, his body will go numb upon the extreme pain attacking every part of him, leaving him whining and cursing in frustration.

"Fighting to stay alive, pest?" A voice echoes through the place, raising Ji Hoon's head in reluctance. His lips curl until a weak but devilish smile reveals.

"Fighting to die, moron.." He provokes weakly.

"Suit yourself.." The voice replies coldly while a thick, black feather is shot through Ji Hoon's heart, ending his life without mercy.

A newborn devil has bornt as Bogum's eyes are shining in luminous crayola. Enchanting something demonic, he raises both his hands up as if he is wishing for the rain. Then, the whole army of dead demons come to life.

The headless demon, which is supposed to be the beta, bows as the followers do the same. A giggly growl escapes from its eyeful throat when it communicates to the new alpha.

Long live the devil. We will serve you until the end as you have given our lives back.

A smirk is planted on Bogum's face when he turns and stares dead at the vanishing projection. Baring the pain, he plucks out a feather and places it on his palm. As the feather turns into powder, he blows it, letting the powder scatters onto those demons' faces. Soon, sand funnels come appearing and manage to cover each demon's form, until when they vanish, the monsters have turned into hot, handsome men.

"Find the neoja(girl), and bring her to me." is all he has said.

After hearing the order, the demons say nothing but having dark smirks planted on their faces. The beta, who's wearing a red and black cloak bows. Finally, all he says is "As you wish, my lord." in lingua franca.

" in lingua franca

*Hey guys, finally this is the end of Part 2. I really hope that I can straight away proceed to Part 3 now but exams always enjoy being a bastard. So, I'll be on hiatus starting next week and onwards for 4 to 5 weeks? I think.

*By the way, I just found that number of reads(875) looks like BTS in numerical form. Does everyone thinking the same? Or it's just only me?😂

*Lastly, thanks for supporting~Feel free to leave a message for me if you miss me okay? Muahahahaha~ Bye guys, see you all soon.(っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ