Chapter Thirty-Six

After sparring, we relaxed just a little bit longer before finally heading out again. I eventually fell asleep on Emily's back, despite the trip being a bumpy ride, but soon woke when Charlie and Katrina agreed to camp for the night.

I ended up curling up to Emily's warm fur, resting on top of a sheet so that way I didn't stain my clothes against the slightly muddy ground.

It was a little difficult to sleep that night, however, since my stomach was acting up.

But it wasn't me needing to use the restroom this time. No, it was pains near my abdomen. They didn't last long, but I realized that I was going to be on my period again.

That in itself was confusing since it hasn't even both since I had my last one.

I simply shook my head and continued my fruitless attempt to get any rest.

When I woke, we took off immediately, only stopping to hunt a few rabbits and cook them. The trek was becoming steeper and steeper. I ended up having to practically cling for my life when we reached a rather large hill.

But, based on Charlie's map reading, we were close to our destination. I bit my lip, smiling in anticipation as we reached the top of the hill.

When I glanced over, I could see several different patches and trees still growing fruits, veggies, and different plants.

The view was practically breathtaking. The area was covered by the tallest trees I had ever seen, with half the land actually water. There was a little house sitting out of the way, but the area seemed all but magical.

Charlie shifted and grinned. "I told you, Katrina. This place does exist. And it looks like it's fully loaded too." Michelle had shifted and grinned, already making her way downhill to the thick trees.

I got off of Emily's back, captivated by the scenery. It was at that moment that I was grateful that I decided to come. The trip hadn't been so bad and the end game was worth it beyond words. Emily and Katrina had shifted back into humans, smiling at me before carefully making their way downhill as well.

I followed suit, my heart pounding wildly as I got closer and closer to the area.

Then, it started to rain lightly. Michelle groaned, but Emily giggled and twirled around. "Nature is wonderful!!"

Katrina pushed her down the small hill, laughing as the younger she-wolf rolled down the hill. "How about now?!" Emily simply laughed in response, crashing into Michelle and sending her tumbling as well. Charlie swiftly got out of the way, rolling her eyes but smiling regardless at the scene.

I giggled before making it to the bottom safely. My feet gingerly stepped on moss when I reached the end.

I sighed, looking around in awe before walking ahead in complete silence. When I came to the edge just before the land dipped into the water, I slipped my boots and socks off before tipping a few toes into the water.

Shivering, I found the water to be bearable enough to step inside. I opened my duffel bag and pulled out a basket that was flexible and shaped like a bag. It was my duty to gather any fruits I could find and put them in the basket.

Then it would be a race against the clock to get them back fresh to the village.

As I rolled my pants' sleeves up, Emily giggled and said, "Relax a little, Lyra. We aren't leaving until tomorrow and there's still daylight left."

I smiled a little before shaking my head. "I'll pass on relaxing. I want to get back to Xain."

Emily's grin softened as she shook her head. "You're addicted to those boys too much." I blushed and smiled a little. "Maybe I am. But I can't help it."