Chapter Fifteen

Connor, or at least I thought it was him, held up his hands. "Please, let me explain."

I held my tongue, feeling nervous and a bit on edge.

The werewolf sighed. "I am not Connor's wolf. I am Xain's."

My eyes widened in surprised. "How is that possible? Aren't you and Connor supposed to be one?"

He shook his furry head. "No, Lyra. For you to understand, I'd have to go all the way back to when Xain and I first met. Are you willing to hear, or are you uncomfortable? I am aware of.."

I blushed softly and said, "I-If you could take me somewhere to clean myself, I'll listen."

He nodded and suddenly stood, picking me up and holding me to him as he ran. Connor, er, the wolf, was decently fast, and we made it to an area in no time.

As he let me down, I walked towards the sound of water. It was a river; small but large enough for me to do what I needed to. I turned to him and said, "You can tell me now if you'd like; I'm able to listen and clean."

The wolf nodded, sitting down in a squat-like position, watching me for a moment as I washed my thighs and between them. I blushed a little, a little embarrassed that he was watching me.

"Xain and Connor were no more than common enemies in different packs. Usually packs of werewolves were diversified. You had those with all kinds of cultures and backgrounds were allowed into a pack. All but two, of course."

I sat in the water, finding that it cooled my rear end, and listened carefully.

"Xain was a part of a tribal pack known as the Spirit Pack. As cliché as it is, they were Aborigines of the North and South American lands, as well as Mexico and Canada. There were many of us, and although our race varied, we were all similar in many ways. Of course, the only other pack that lived like us was the Blue Water Pack. They too, stuck to their kind of pale, light and sometimes dark haired werewolves. We were a rival pack, two of the strongest out there."

I stood up a little, feeling relaxed somewhat as I approached him. Clearly the way I looked turned him on, because he blocked where his manhood would be from my sight. I giggled a little and asked, "May I get near?"

Connor looked like he was shaking from laughter. "Of course, Lyra! We've calmed down enough." His voice then softened in my head. "I'm not going to take you. Now come, let me continue."

I nodded softly, sitting beside him. He nuzzled my neck as he continued.

"We tended to avoid each other. And as young boys, Xain and Connor naturally didn't care for one another. However, during another dispute at a council meeting that different packs used to have, Xain slipped away, clearly tired of all the fuss over territory and females. As he did, he noticed Connor had done the same.
They were about ready to rip each other's throats out, but I and the other wolf knew better. We were as young as they, but it didn't make any sense just to attack. We talked to them for a moment before both boys were calm enough to talk. Take note that they were only ten or so at this time."

I giggled a little and shook my head.

"Even that gesture says everything. Yes, they were quite stupid, but they were only boys mimicking what they have seen all their young lives. At first all they did was criticize each other, but eventually they started talking a little calmer. They might've become friends then and there had they not been caught by their fathers. Xain's was the very father who ran the large pack, while Connor's was more of an advisor to the leader of their pack. They didn't see each other again until they were fourteen.
Their meeting had changed them in a sense. They started seeing everything differently, and that changed things for them. They dared to invite the other to their pack, must to their packs' dismay. Xain and Connor learned of each other's culture and ways, and eventually, the two became like brothers. This worried their fathers but they put it aside them, seeing that no real damage was being caused."