Chapter Eleven

I shivered under my covers, murmuring my brother's name. I almost thought I was back home, until I woke up to a girl giggling.

I sighed softly and turned over. My wolves were still trapped, and I was in a stranger's house. All of this unsettled me. I realized that staying another day to try and figure out how to set them free might cause more suspicion.

But to sneak around the house would be like walking on endless eggshells.

I'd be found out immediately.

I overheard a girl's giggling again and sat up, noticing a faint light out in the hallway. Slipping my flats on, I carefully walked towards the door, my hand outstretched.

When I opened the door, I noticed that one of the doors was cracked open. Letting curiosity get the best of me, I made my way towards the door, creeping closer to the cracked door.

When I got close enough, I heard more giggling followed by a moan.

In my right mind, I would've turned away, but I was too tired to really react to it.

When I peeked through the door, I saw Ezekiel and a young woman. She was sitting on top of his face, chewing her bottom lip as if he were making her feel good.

Dazed, I took a few steps back before sighing faintly. I was completely up now, but I had no idea where to start looking for a key. A sudden creak of a door made me immediately walk towards the room where I slept.

However, an arm grabbed me before I could leave.

I turned around to find Ezekiel looking down at me, his cheeks a faint red. By the smell of his breath, he had been drinking.

"Hey, little darlin', what are you doin' up?"

"Couldn't sleep," I muttered out, noticing his grip tightening on my arm. "I was trying to look for the bathroom, but I couldn't find it."

He chuckled and said, "It be right down the hall here." He let go of my arm, and I scooted past him, trying to act normal as I murmured, "Ah, thank you."

Once inside the bathroom, I shut the door and actually had to go. I sighed and did my business, walking back out and finding him gone and his door shut. I glanced around, trying to think of who would be holding the key to the brothers' chains.

I heard a sudden clang outside and went into the room I slept in, looking out the window. It seemed as if Louie was messing with Xain and Connor again, as I heard a howl and then a whine, and then saw the old man at the doors.

My body trembled in anger. I had to get out there.

I had to rescue them. Somehow.

I quietly waited until Louie returned, remembered the door he walked in, and then carefully lurked around his door. I heard soft snoring and was sure he was asleep.

Biting my lower lip, I carefully opened the door, finding him resting on his bed. Based on the little light in the room, his hands still had blood on them.

He really was sadistic when it came to werewolves.

I glanced around and noticed his bedside table. The keys were in sight.

I had no idea if they were the right ones, but at that point, I was desperate to set them free.

I slowly crept in the room, being careful to avoid making creaks on the wooden floors. I could hardly breathe right, and my lungs were protesting. But if he woke up, then I know the consequences would be more than horrific.

My fingertips gently touched the metal shards, my eyes never leaving the old man. Once my hand had wrapped around the keys securely, I lifted my hand and slowly backed out of the room, unable to allow myself to look away, not even once.