Chapter Thirty

Over the next few weeks, I was retold the ways of helping out the East Mount Clan, or Pack as they preferred to call themselves

Over the next few weeks, I was retold the ways of helping out the East Mount Clan, or Pack as they preferred to call themselves. Not only did I get to know the clan around me, but I was able to be of much help, especially pertaining to warm clothing for the incoming winter storm ahead.

The elder women found my sewing skills to be a great gift to the clan, my sewing and cooking especially.

I often spent my time with Jean's little sister, Emily, who was welcoming and playful unlike the other two female werewolves I had first encountered. However, there was one other named Katrina. Although she was taller than me, when she shifted, she ended up being one of the smallest werewolves in the pack.

Unlike Michelle and Charlie, Katrina was nice to me. In fact, she was very protective of me and saw me as a little sister. Whenever the other two showed up, she seemed to wrap her arms of protection around me.

But most of all, just as I envied the freckles on her smooth skin and the curly blonde perfection bundled at her shoulders; Katrina envied my thin frame; the way my hair just didn't tangle up, and how black my eyes were.

Because of that, we complimented each other often and ended up raising our spirits.

Katrina and Emily were quickly becoming best friends to me and it helped that they already liked being near one another.

Often we'd cook, clean, and sometimes they'd even want a lesson or two about how I sew and stitch.

Aside from the girls, I also hung around Garry a lot, simply because of his playful and carefree nature. He told me many stories about the brothers when they were younger and would mention the many times they got into trouble.

Hearing about their past not only told me more about them and how they've changed, but also gave me more reasons to love Connor and Xain, as well as everything about them.

Jean and Justin kept their distance. Neither of them seemed to want to be around me, and although I can understand Justin's reason more, Jean still confuses me.

He warned me that if I broke their hearts, he would repay the debt.

But all I had ever done around him was give Xain and Connor my endless love. In fact, they've noted that I've become more clingy than normal.

Even so, Jean seems sure that I'll break their hearts. Connor tells me to ignore the broken man, but even so, I worry for him greatly.

Whenever I worry too much or I end up angry with the brothers for whatever reason, they have me spar it out of my system. Their training left me with many bruises and a few scars, but it wasn't anything the boys didn't tend to afterwards.

I could always see the regret in their eyes when I ended up hurt, regardless of how bad the injury actually is. Despite me assuring them that I would be okay, they still lighten up on me for the sake of my safety.