Chapter Thirty-Five

Katrina wasn't done with me until the crack of dawn

Katrina wasn't done with me until the crack of dawn. I was sweaty, exhausted, and needed rest badly. But by the time she was done with me and I took my shower, Xain was wide awake. He wanted to cuddle with me, but all he got to do was hold my sleeping form close.

It wasn't long after until Emily came over to help Xain pack the essentials I'd need while they let me rest. I didn't find this out until Emily woke me up with a gentle smile. "Wake up, sleepy head."

I groaned and turned over, only to get a kiss from Xain. "You heard the girl... It's time for you to get dressed and go."

I huffed, finally opening my eyes fully. "Can't I sleep longer?" I pleaded. He gave me a gentle smile, pecking my lips again. "No, Love. Come on." He gently helped me to a seating position, and then to my feet. I leaned up against his broad form in response.

Xain chuckled while Emily giggled. "Unbelievable. What'd ya do, stay up all night?"

I smiled sheepishly. "Maybe?" I all but squeaked.

Xain grinned, kissing my forehead and helping me walk towards the bathroom. "We already have your clothes out for you. It'll get colder the higher you get, so we made sure to pick warm clothes."

I nodded a little, waking up just a little more with each passing moment. My body was sore, but not unbearably so. Xain eventually let my hands go, exiting the bathroom as he chuckled, probably at me, it seemed.

I got dressed and cleaned my face and mouth, making my way out into the living room where the duo was waiting for me. I could hear chatter outside, implying that the ladies were waiting for me.

Xain smiled at me and said, "Remember what I said yesterday. Keep your promise, okay?"

I smiled, kissing his lips gently as I grabbed my duffel bag from him. "I promise," I replied quietly.

When Xain tried to pull away, I held him close, looking up at him. I felt like there was something to be said, but I didn't know what. Xain watched me for a moment before smiling softly. "Don't worry. I'll be here for you when you get back."

When I opened my mouth to respond, he shushed me. "It's alright. Don't say anything. I'm okay now and I'm not going to let anything get to me. Only you, Lyra."

I nodded a little, kissing him and holding him close.

Xain kissed back firmly before pulling back and grinning. "Now go have fun."

I grinned and turned to Emily, only to get my rear slapped lightly. I practically yelped, hastily making my way outside. Emily snorted and followed suit.

Katrina, Michelle, and Charlie were waiting for us outside; the only one looking relaxed being Katrina. Michelle glared daggers at me, but immediately put on a sickly sweet face when Xain walked out the door. He frowned a little before sighing.