Chapter Twenty-Six

MATURE, MATURE, MATURE! That is all.

~

I felt shocked at first. But it faded into a familiar sadness. “I’m… I’m sorry…” Connor wouldn’t look at me and I didn’t understand why. Xain seemed to, however, and he approached me rather carefully.

“Lyra… It might be best for you to rest by yourself tonight. It’s not a good time to be around us right now.”

My heart sank a little. I knew that they were hurting, but I wanted to help them, just as Matthew helped me get over my parents’ deaths long ago.

“Xain… I want to help you. I want to help both of you. I’m willing to cuddle of it helps-”

“Lyra,” Connor started, glancing at me only to look away. “Please go. Now.” I flinched a little but nodded in response. I couldn’t help but feel a little hurt and disappointed. But I had to understand that they had their way of handling pain.

I had to let them do what they did best.

Finding that Xain’s bed was much smaller than Connor’s, I took Xain’s room and shut the door behind me. The room was dimly lit by a candle on the bedside table. The atmosphere would’ve been romantic, but I simply felt more alone than I should’ve felt.

‘Just calm down. They’re going through something. It’s okay.’

I sat down on the bed, removing my shoes, and after a second thought, removing my clothes as well. The bed smelled of both men, and even though they weren’t there, I wanted to wrap myself in their scent.

I snuggled under the sheets, shivering a little before diming the candlelight further by turning the knob slowly.

Then, after taking a few breaths, I closed my eyes and slowly went to sleep.

~

I eventually woke up with the need to use the restroom. I slipped Connor’s shirt and Xain’s pants back on, shivering and wishing I could slip back under the covers.

I then slowly opened the door, heat bursting in the room as I inhaled the air around me.

Figuring that the heat would reach me in my room, I left my door open and proceeded towards the bathroom. When I finished what I had to do, I started to slowly make my way towards Xain’s room. I then noticed Connor’s silhouette.

I almost jumped, sighing a little when the hairs on my skin relaxed. I then smiled a little and waved at him. He shifted a little, tilting his head. It was then that I could see those silver eyes glowing in the dark.

I almost felt a little nervous and started walking towards Xain’s bedroom once more.

“Lyra. Come here.” My heart almost skipped a beat. His voice was low and husky and I felt compelled to walk to him. I got close to him, looking up at him with uncertainty. “Connor…”

I stifled a yawn, only to blush when he caressed my neck. “So cute..” I giggled a little, leaning up against his hand.

Connor then leaned towards me, his breath heavy. My eyes widened a little as I understood. “Connor… You’re..” He grabbed my hand suddenly, carefully placing it over his groan. He felt hot and hard, and I felt my womanhood clench in response. “Connor…”

“I’m sorry,” he stated quietly, “but I need you. It’s unbearable.” He then gripped my wrist tighter. “Go in my room and strip.” I blushed furiously. “But Xain-!” “Needs you as well,” he interrupted.