25 ~Pause, Then Play~

Jess's POV•

This place is so different then from earlier this year. The atmosphere, is so different. "Mom! Dad!" I call throughout the castle. There was no response. It's not like I was expecting there to be. I was on the top floor, the one with my bedroom on it. They were most likely in the throne room which was the first floor. Before I go downstairs, I walk into my bedroom and look around. It was very different, like a whole other person took my place. From the looks of things, this other person, if there was one, shared a lot of the same qualities as me. I hear footsteps approach me from behind, but I don't turn around to see the person. "Well, look who we have here." A young female voice says behind me, followed by a chuckle. She sounded just like me, and I knew who it was instantly. I turn around and huff. "What are you doing ack here?" I glare slightly. I didn't want to provoke her in anyway. I wanted to be peaceful. "Is that any way to talk to a fellow princess Jessica?" She smirks, slowly approaching me. "How did you get here in the first place, Aphmau?" I watch her, completely dumbfounded. "Would you like to see?" Aphmau holds out her hand. I hesitantly take her hand. I trust her with my life even though it doesn't seem like it. She smiles slightly before snapping her fingers on her free hand. I feel a wave of energy pass through me. My eyes widen at how strong it was. "Wh-what was that Aph?" I look at her with a curious expression. "That, my dear friend, is the Pause Wave. Right now we are in the Pause." Aphmau explains, gesturing to the room that was mine. Everything looked so much different in this version of my room. "In the Pause, you can see things that weren't there before." She points at a box that was on the dresser. I rush over to it and pick it up. "Where did you get this power from..?" I ask as I open the box, quite curious to know about her power. "A lady, actually, have it to me while I was trying to find you. I think her name was... Tiff! Yep! That was her name!" Aphmau holds up a stopwatch, but an old fashion one. "She said it was her accessory, and that she was a special hope that went on missions." She was even confused by what she was explaining at this point. But for me, everything was clicking. Tiff got taken down someway, the night she had to hand her accessory over. That means Tiff must've been the user of time! The only question that was bugging me, was if Tiff was still alive. I would hope so, but when we found the base, it was only the three guys and Jen. Then we saved Lizzie, but that still left four! "Jess, what's wrong? Is there something on your mind?" Aphmau puts a hand on my shoulder. I flinch before shaking off the feeling. "Aph, can you get us out of the Pause? We have somewhere to go, like right now." I look at her, handing the stopwatch back to her. She nods and presses down on the center where the hands were connected. In an instant, I feel the wave of energy come back through, except this time it came through me in reverse. I feel it all go back to the stopwatch and sigh in relief. "Let's go! We're going on an adventure. First, though, we need to find my friends and mentors." I take her hand and rush out the room. "Okay! Calm down though. We need to find where your friends could be? Why hot to save time, we use the Pause? It's really handy." Aph suggests. "No, we should save the power. A new journey is just starting now for us. You don't know what could be out there." I smile as we sneak around the castle, making sure it was completely empty. "You're right." Is all she says before we reach the castle courtyard. "How did I know you would be back here, Jess?" Sky's voice calls out to me from... above? He glides down in front of Aphmau and I and smile. "I've been looking all over for you teammate!" He notices Aphmau and tilts his head. "Jess? Who's that?" He points at her. "This is Aphmau! She's like my twin I guess." I giggles softly, looking over at Aph. Aphmau smiles, "Hi! You must be Adam...?" She takes a guess. "Yup! But call me Sky." He chuckles. "Okay, enough of the introductions. We have to get to the base and get back to our friends!" I pull out a slip of paper from my pocket. It opens up by itself and turns into a book. "Thats Thomas?!" Sky gawks, looking at the now thick book that use to be a slip of folded parchment. "Yep! I'll explain things once we get to the base, so let's go!" I grab them both tap the ground with my toe. A purple platform lifts us up and Thomas lifts up as well. "Hold onto me and you won't fall." I grin as Thomas starts steering the platform. This was it. This was the end of one adventure, but the beginning of a new one. I wonder what it has in store for us...