5 ~Tied Together~

Jess's POV•

After talking to Sky for a very long time, I changed into my training gear. It was a pair of gray leggings and a black shirt under a purple sweater. I feel the top of my head to find the crown still there. I sigh in relief and grab the book. Before I walk out, I look behind me from a loud creaking noise. I shudder as I turn around, trying to see in the dark corner. "Jess...Its just me..." A familiar voice hisses. I look up to where the voice came from. "S-Sky? Is that really you?" I whisper loudly. "Y-yeah, I need a little help." Sky moves out of the corner, showing himself...floating!? "What happened to you!?" I say more loudly. "It just started happening! Can you grab my hand?" He asks. I nod and grab his hand firmly. A blue mist forms around my hands that soon takes the form of chains. They tie our hands together as Sky lands on the floor. "Thanks Jess! You really are getting use to your element quickly! Now can you undo the chains?" He smiles at me. "I actually...don't know..." I panic slightly. "Jess, calm down. The spell will wear off soon. It was just a charm." Lizzie explains to me soothingly. I calm down and tell Sky what Lizzie had just told me. "I don't mind being stuck with you Jess." He says kindly. I smile at his response and takes his hand. He smiles back as we walk outside of our room.

Jin's POV•

Ever since we got roommates, I haven't had time to talk to Sky or Jess. I miss hanging out with them but Ross has been opening up to me lately. He told me a secret and wants me to tell no one. He hasn't even told Shelby who was his cousin!! So I told him two of the deepest secrets that I had, "Only Sky and I know them since they're ours. The first one is......I like Jess..." Ross gasp and chuckles softly. "I knew that!" My jaw drops, "Is it that obvious!?" He nods still chuckling. I shake my head playfully and continue talking, "The second secret, is that Sky also likes Jess..." Ross gasps in shock, "I was not expecting that at all!" Ross was now laughing. I start chuckling but on the inside, I was jealous. But I couldn't let that interfere with my friendship between them both. "Speaking of Jess and Sky, look behind us..." Ross glances back. I do the same as well. What I see shocks me and fills my insides with jealousy. Jess and Sky were holding hands and had a purple chain linking them together. How did something like that even happen!? "Are you guys ready? Everyone else is in the training center." I say through gritted teeth. Jess smiles at me, reminding me of how close are friendship was. "What happened to you two?" Ross asks, laughing hard. "There was an incident that caused this." Sky shrugs and Jess laughs. I laugh with them and Ross joins in. I guess it wasn't bad...

Jess's POV•

I was on the field still chained to Sky. "In order to summon your weapons, you have to concentrate hard on using your element!" Pat explains while pacing back and forth, looking at all of us. He wanted everyone up there except for me, but since I was stuck with Sky, I had to stay with the others. "Jess, do not worry. Once you summon your weapon, the chain will break." Lizzie says. I nod my head and smile. At least this chain will break, but I'll have to be separated from my friends to learn about my own element. I focus on a weapon as I feel a light shock jolting through my body. When I open my eyes, I see a purple and blue whips in my right hand, and a rainbow flare in my left. "This is so cool!" I admire it. I hear a snap and look down to see the chain dissolving into a black mist. I look up at Sky, since he was taller than me, to see him smiling down at me. "Yes! The chain is broken!!" I jump up and down excitedly. Everyone starts laughing and I laugh with them. I even notice that Pat was smiling a bit. Dan was chuckling, Jen was giggling. But Joel was still frowning, but this time, a deep and sad frown. If only I could hurry and help find Lizzie for him. If only I— "You will Jess. Take your time. Train hard and do it for the both of us..." Lizzie says softly.