17 ~Crashed~

Pat's POV•

Everything is going smoothly so far. I didn't want to tell the group that we were going to be attacked soon. I only told Jen, Lizzie, Joel, and Dan about it and they've been on high alert which is good. The kids were having so much fun. It reminds me of when I was younger and just starting out. "Pat, you seem concern Sir..." Ross mumbles, looking up at me. I look down at him, slightly surprised, "I'm fine Ross, and you don't have to call me 'Sir'." I smile slightly. Ross smiles, "Okay! I hope you enjoy this too!" He waves, walking off again. I sigh softly, "I wish I didn't have to lie..." Jen rushes over to me next, "Pat! A guard has spotted something suspicious at the front gate!" I frown, grabbing her hand and running in that direction. She gasps, following behind me quickly. We manage to make it outside quickly. I look around and find all the guards that were stationed here, wiped out. "How could this happen...?" Jen trembles, looking at the scene with a horrid expression. I hold her close, "It's okay...We'll find who did this..." Something clicks in my head, "Pat! There's trouble! Come to the back gate now!" Joel and Lizzie's panicked voices sound in my head. I look down at Jen, "You heard that right?" She nods, "Let's go!" I nod, grabbing her hand again and running towards the back gate. Jen runs with me, trying to keep up.

Lizzie's POV•

"Joel! I'm coming!" I run over to my boyfriend, trapped in a box made of dark magic. "Lizzie watch out!" Joel yells back at me, his voice nullified. His warning was too late. I run right into a dark cage of my own. I look over at Joel to see his face slowly being erased from view. "Joel! No! I can't loose you again!" I try to break out of the prison but it was hopeless. I look up to see his face completely gone and my reflection gone with it. There were voices outside of my prison. I look around to try and find some openings for me to look through. There was a small opening near the back of the cage. I move my body towards it and peer out. Pat was looking around with Jen. He's trying to find us. I try to think of a way to signal him. Thinking. That's the answer! "Pat! Jen! Behind you!" I think up quickly, hoping they would hear my signal. Suddenly, the black cages shatter as I look up and see Pat's fist close to my face. I didn't realize my body was trembling until I looked at my hands. Joel comes running over to me and embraces me with a warm hug. I hug back, holding onto him tightly. "Lizzie, are you okay?" He pulls away to look at me. "I should be asking you that!" Tears slip down my eyes as I hold onto him. Pat growls, "I sent Dan inside to look after the kids. We have to make sure nothing touches them." He grabs Jen's hand. "We're coming to. We're all a team remember?" Joel stands up and I stand up with him. Pat and Jen both nod, "Right."