6 ~Special Training~

Just want to let you know that this will be the last chapter that's all about Jess. Or the first? I dunno really. But yeah, just a heads up! And, I just saw Doctor Strange, (I know, a little late) so my head is buzzing with power techniques for the book!!

Jess's POV•

I left with Pat and Jen for "special training". I was a little nervous but tried to calm my nerves. "Jess, you'll be okay. Since you are the Hope of Magic, we will need you to learn more about that element. This is only required since Lizzie isn't here with us..." Jen frowns. "You will be just fine Jessica." Pat takes my shoulder lightly. I smile up at them as we walk into a white room. I was still holding onto the book, as it was close to my chest. "Jess, we are going to put you through some situations that could possibly happen. This will test your reflex magic." Jen smile and steps back with Pat as an invisible wall appears between us. I step back as well, preparing myself for what is to come. I hear a pop! pop! pop! Around me. It was very loud and distinct. I see someone charging at me with an axe. I wasn't quick enough to fight back, but a black mist in cases me in a box shape. I look up at it in confusion, "What is this?" I bang my fist on it furiously. It shatters into glass like fragments that then dissolve into dust. "That's new..." I mumble. The next guy had a spear and was charging at me quickly. I had little time, but I manage to block it with a pink shield. But the spear was pointing directly at my chest, almost piercing it. My breathing was heavy after that. Jen takes down the invisible wall and walks towards me. Pat does the same, "You might not recognize those two. But they are members of Team Crafted. Those were holographic images to help train you. But sadly, there is one member who strayed from the team. He is a dangerous threat because he possesses great magic. His name, is SetoSorcerer. Jess we need you to be safe in here. That was all the training we are doing today. You may leave..." Pat explains solemnly. I nod my head slowly and walk out the door. I had tucked the book inside my bag before I started the training. "Lizzie...Is all of what he said...is it true...?" I quiver slightly. "I am afraid so Jess. I can only succeed in helping try to escape. His magic stretches power from beyond this universe..." Lizzie explains softly. I start shaking more violently from fear. Is this really going to happen to me...? "Jess, stop moving. Find somewhere to hide. Run." Lizzie says quickly, "Seto and Team Crafted are here. You are alone. Find somewhere now." Lizzie pleads. I begin to frantically search and look around the building I was in. There were two doors that I knew led to different places. But before I could run to it, something blocked me. To be more specific, a wall. I look behind me to see a person with a purple cloak, standing there. He was the one blocking me. I summon my weapon that was now a long slim sword. It was changing rapidly from the different element signs. I shrug it off seeing as I didn't have time to investigate it. I hold the sword in both hands, ready to fight him. But he does something strange. Something that I wasn't expecting. Something, I wish I could've escaped...