12 ~The World of Thomas~

Shelby's POV•

I am with Ross, Max, and Jess. We are in her room that she shares with Sky. "You guys wanna read about your powers?" Jess brings out her big book. "How do you even lift that? It's so heavy!" Ross whines. Jess looks at him in confusion, "Are you sure? This book is as light as a feather!" She balances it on one finger. "You don't have to be a show off Jess." Max rolls his eyes playfully. "Whatever Max." Jess laughs, opening the book, "Who wants to go first?" My hand shots up in the air like a rocket. "Okay Shelby! Your power is light, correct?" She asks me. I nod. "Thomas, please go to the section on light powers please." Jess speaks clearly to the book. "Okay Master Jess." Ross and I jump back, "The book talks!?" Jess nods, laughing softly. The book hovers above the floor only a couple inches. It flips through a few pages and stops. Jess looks over at the pages and frowns, "Where are the pages...? They're gone—" Jess was cut off by a black fog forming around us. "Jess what's going on?" I try to find her through the thick fog. "I don't know!" She calls out. A bright light shines throughout the room and I can feel myself falling into a deep sleep.....

•Time•Skip•

Ross's POV•

I blink my eyes slowly. I look around in the darkness. Jess was laying next to Ty, Jin, and Sky. Cory was with Red. I was with Shelby and Max. What happened to us? The room was dark. Everywhere I look is darkness. Someone shifts around over by Sky's group. Jess sits up and looks around, "Ross? Are,you awake?" I nod my head, fixing my glasses. She stands up and walks over to me, holding a hand out. I take it and stand up, trying to keep my stumbling to a minimal. "Do you have any idea what happened Ross?" She holds my hand tightly. I shake my head, "No clue...." She sighs as others start waking up. "Welcome to the World of Thomas. You may experience some dreadful things but keep in mind, this is only for enjoyment—" The voice cuts off. It was pleasant at first. But this new voice was demonic...."You really think you can survive my alternate universe? Let's test it out by having some fun with each of you...." I shudder at the thought. By now, everyone was sitting up. They heard the voice to....I feel Jess's grip loosen. I turn towards her to find that she was fading away. I look down at my hand to see that I was fading away as well. Everyone was in fact. Jess was the first to disappear, then Sky....Jin...Max....Ty....Cory....Shelby...Red....then..me....The darkness was very disturbing. When I was able to see clearly, I was on a farm with many chickens! "This isn't too bad..." I say out loud. Maybe it was a little too loud because all the chickens look up at me. They all stare at me with a look of hatred. "What did I do!?" I scream at them. A chicken that looks like Max comes closer, "You left me!" Another chicken that looks like Shelby stands with him, "You left us all!" I shake my head, covering my ears from the screaming and bawking. What is going on!? How do I stop this!?