15 ~The Never Ending Nightmares~

Third Person POV•

The torment is never ending. But Jess keeps fighting just to see her friends again. Sky keeps searching for answers. Ty stays alive, hoping that someday, he'll see them all again. But what they didn't know is that they were all connected. All together in the same place. It's hard to believe that they're being tested by the book. To see if they're worthy of being called Hopes. Their mentors knew what was happening, and had it all according to plan...

Pat's POV•

"Lizzie, how much magic did you tell Thomas to use?" I look over at Elizabeth. "Just enough for them to pass the test Sir!" Lizzie gives me a thumbs up. I nod, looking back at the large screen that stood high above us. This screen was the progress chart for our Lost Hopes. I have faith that they can pass this test...and find the secret behind their powers. "Pat, was this really a good decision?" Dan glances at the screen with a worried expression. "Yeah I'm sure..." I smile reassuringly. Before he could open his mouth, chatter starts to rise from the halls. "They're coming back. I'll go get them." Jen walks towards the door. "Right behind you Jen!" Lizzie walks behind her. "Be careful!" Joel calls out to them. They both nod and walk out. "We're still holding the meeting when they come back, right?" Joel walks up to Dan and I. "Yeah, it's an important one too." Dan nods. "Well, since everything is settled now, I think we should celebrate our protégés returning safely. How about it?" I form a somewhat goofy grin on my face. "Yeah!" Dan and Joel cheer.

Shelby's POV•

I was panting heavily, all of us were actually. Those trials took a lot out of us. I look up at Jin and notice his long, expressionless face. "Jin? What's wrong? You came back a little different..." I mutter the last part. "I'm fine, thanks." Jin shows little emotion in his words to me. I sigh and walk up to Max and Ross. My cousin was wheezing slightly with a mixture of coughing. Max was trying to help him, rubbing his back. I take a seat next to Ross and help Max run his back, "Hey Ross...It's okay...Max and I are here to help you." I smiles softly. Max nods, "That's what friends are for." He ruffles Ross's hair slightly. Ross begins to calm down, giving both Max and I a smile. His smile...It's so encouraging. It could light up a room. If only he did it more... A soft knock interrupts my thoughts. I had forgotten that we were sent to this oddly shaped room. Red stands up and walks towards the door, opening it slowly. Two bright faces appear in the threshold, "Welcome back!" Jen and Lizzie cheer. Jess and O giggles softly. Sky and the other guys laugh. "Come on, we have something planned for all of you!" Lizzie pushes us all out of the room. Max and Ty both groan simultaneously. "Why can't we sleep!? I'm so freaking tired!" Max grips his hair, his actions done because of irritation. "My body hurts Master Lizzie..." Ross sighs, dragging his body behind the rest of us. I swiftly grab his hand, slinging his arm over my shoulder, "Don't worry–" I start but Max does the same to his other arm, "We got you bud!" Ross smiles, picking up his feet again. "The perfect family!" Sky jokes, pointing at the three of us. I look over and see Max blushing, causing me cheeks to turn a faint shade of pink. "You three would make the perfect family!" Jen coos, giggling lightly. "H-hey! Cut it out!" Max's face turns an even darker shade of red, beating the color of his hair. "Fine, we'll stop teasing you...when you're finally together." Sky smirks. Max rolls his eyes, "Whatever..." My face cools down after his words. Does Max even think about me in that sort of way...? I would think not. But what if– "Ugh! Shelby! Stop thinking like that!" I mumble to myself. Ross hears me and gives me a weird look, "Shelbs, you're talking to yourself..." I look up at him and give him a nervous smile, "I-I am? I didn't notice! T-thanks for telling me Ross!" How am I gonna live this way!?  Someone help me!