18 ~Hide & Seek~

Third Person's POV•

Corey and Red. Shelby and Jess. Max and Ross. Jin, Adam, and Ty.Out of the 9, four of them are targeted. Targets for a weapon that could cause mass destruction. So why not play a little game, called hide and seek? Only, once they're found, they're kidnapped and taken hostage. I'm sure the team in training can handle it. Can they?

Cory's POV•

Screams we're filling the rooms inside this very base. It was hectic and chaotic everywhere. I couldn't find anyone I knew or could trust. I couldn't find my teammates. "Red!? Shelby!? Max!? Where are you!?" I call out, trying to be as loud as I could possibly muster. But it was no use. My voice was like a mumble in all this screaming and shouting. There has to be an exit somewhere. I think to myself. There were always at least three exits in each room here. I just have to look hard enough. "Cory...! Cory, over here...!" A voice calls out for me. More like speaks to me, it was just barely audible for me to hear clearly. I search around the room and spot a familiar face, actually, familiar hair color. Red was wobbling on a stool that I could tell even from this distance, couldn't support his weight for long. I rush over to him as fast as I can which wasn't very fast since I had to push through people. I finally reach him just as the stool leg snaps and falls apart. Red comes falling down as I reach out to grab him. I successfully catch him and he takes sharp breaths in my arms, "Th-thanks Cory...I owe you one..." He mutters, wiping sweat from his forehead. "Have you seen anyone Red?" I raise an eyebrow ever so slightly. "I saw Jess and Shelby together at some point, but when I tried to find them, they were gone..." Red sighs, disappointment in his tone. I nod and try to comprehend what the situation is. "So whoever attacked us is probably going after Jess. But then again, if it was Team Crafted, they would most likely go after Ty? Gah, this is way too complicated?!" I rub my temples, trying to think clearly. "Jess is the strongest...Adam is the leader...Ty is like our hostage I guess...Ross is an easy target...So are Jess and Shelby...! Red, I figured it out!" My brain was already trying to think of a plan on how to protect our friends. "Okay, I figured out that whoever is attacking us, most likely...Nick, is going after four of us which is half of our team. Of course he would try to take the girls since on their own, their powers can't cooperate properly. He'll also go after Ross because he is thought to be our weakest link to the team. Then there's Ty, who Nick won't actually come after directly. No, he'll send one of the members from Team Crafted!" I explain everything I was almost certain was true. I glance up at Red and see his face. I could tell he was trying to take in all this information as well as understand it. "We'll most likely run into Max and Ross first..." Was all he could say. I nod slightly, "Yep, so let's start looking."

Max's POV•

"Ross, try to stay as close to me as possible. We'll find Shelby at some point..." I mutter the last part so that I wouldn't worry my best friend. "So Shelby's okay?" Ross looks up at me. "Of course she is." I nod, a small smile tugging at my cheeks. Hopefully she was okay...Wait, what am I thinking!? Ugh, snap out of it! I glance over at Ross to make sure he was still safe. He was rocking himself, hugging his knees tightly. Our hiding spot wasn't the best, but at least we were out of the way of being trampled by these other people. "Do you think Nick is here to take some of our teammates?" Ross looks over at me for a definite answer, and a positive one at that. But I just couldn't bring myself to answer because whatever came out of my mouth next would be the wrong thing to say. It would be a complete lie. "Bud I-" I start but was cut off by the table we were hiding under, shaking and quaking. "Hold on, I'll check it out for us." I say, trying to hide how nervous I was in actuality. I get out from under the table and stand, looking around and on the table. Nothing, absolutely nothing. What was going on? "Found you~" I hear a distorted voice hiss through the room. It seems like I was the only one to hear it though. "Okay bud, lets go..." I stop, looking under the table to find Ross gone. Gone. I slam my fist on table, a huge surge of electricity going through it.  I was mad. Beyond mad actually, I was angry. "How could I let this happen!?" I slam my fist down on the table again, causing it to burst with electricity. "I'm getting my best friend back." I grunt before leaving the broken table and stalking off.