Chapter 42: Goodbye

Kanan's pov

I decide to follow Ezra outside. For all I know, he could be planning another prank on me.

When I follow him to the ramp, I don't only see Ezra, but I also see Ellie.

Great, she's here. I'll say I miss her for Ezra's sake, but other than that I don't like her.

I go a little closer to hear what they are saying, but try to stay unnoticed.

"I need to tell you something." Ellie tells Ezra.

"What is it?" Ezra asks.

"I......."

Ezra's pov

"I won't be able to see you anymore." Ellie says.

That's when my heart drops. "What?" I ask her still confused.

"I decided to stay in heaven. I won't be able to make trips to or out of heaven anymore." She says with a frown.

I was shocked. She's leaving me? But we are best friends.

"What about Lothal? You said it yourself. This is your home." I say.

"I know. But after what happened to my parents, I want to protect them. I have to stay with them to make sure they are safe." She says.

"But......but what about us? What about everything we've been threw?" I ask.

"But what about trust?" She asks.

"Trust? Wait Ellie we are quoting High School Musical." I say.

"Oh. I love that movie." She says with a smile.

"Yeah especially the part where Troy and Gabriella dance on the rooftop.....Ellie we are getting off topic." I say.

She nods. "I have to do this Ezra."

I sigh. "I know."

"Maybe you could come with me. It's what we've wanted to do when you were a kid." She says. "There is amazing ice cream there."

I chuckle. "That sounds great." I say. "But I can't leave my friends. If you told me this when I was on the streets, I would've went with you in a heartbeat."

She nods with a sad look on her face. "You really care about your friends don't you?"

"Yes, we are family. I can't leave my family." I say.

"So I guess this is goodbye." Ellie says.

"I guess so." I say.

We stood there silent for a few moments. But I couldn't take the silence, so I spoke up.

"Do you remember all the pranks we did on Kanan?" I ask.

"How could I forget?" She asks with a grin.

"My favorite one we did was the tomato prank." I say. "That drove him crazy."

Ellie laughs. "My favorite was the ultimate prank." She says. "He lost his mind."

We both started laughing so hard, we were crying. But not only from the pranks, but from how much we are going to miss each other.

"I'm going to miss you Ellie." I say.

"I'm going to miss you too Ezra." She says. "Prank Kanan more for me."

"Who said I was ever going to stop?" I ask with a smirk.

"Oh and one more thing....." She says.

"What is-"

That's when Ellie comes close to me and kisses me on the lips.

My eyes widen. But I don't refuse the kiss. If anything, I kiss her back.

Her lips were warm and sweet. The way she kissed me, made my heart beat fast.

When she pulls away, I stood there with my eyes still wide.

"Now you know the real reason I told my parents you were my boyfriend." Ellie says with a smile.

Wow..........I have no words.

I soon get out of my trance and hug her.

"Goodbye Ellie. Thank you for all the good times." I say.

She hugs me back. "Goodbye Ezra."

After a few moments, I don't feel her in the embrace anymore.

I look around and realize she is gone.

I wanted to cry, but it soon came to me.......

ELLIE KISSED ME!!!!!!

I start to smile so wide, my face now hurts.

OH MY FORCE!!!!!!

"Ezra?" I hear a voice say behind me.

I turn around to see Kanan. I rub the back of my neck.

Oh force.......he saw all of that.

"Uhhh hi Kanan.....please tell me you didn't see that." I say.

"You mean when Ellie kissed you? Yeah I saw that." He says.

I sigh. That's just great......

"I also heard about Ellie staying in heaven. I'm sorry she had to leave." He says.

"It's ok. We had good memories together. But I'm still going to miss her." I say.

Kanan pats my shoulder. "She will miss you too. But always stay positive and remember how much she made you happy."

I smile. "I know. I also have you guys as my family."

"You will always have us as your family. We would never want you to leave us. Not after Mike and when you ran away." Kanan says.

"Thanks Kanan for everything. I would still be on the streets if it weren't for you guys." I say.

"You're welcome Ezra. And now let's talk about the pranks......I heard that too." He says.

Oh yeah.....forgot about that. "You did? Well.....that's part of the good memories" I say.

"You're not doing more on me right?" He asks getting nervous.

"Well you did read my journal again when I went to save Ellie's parents....." I say with a smirk.

His eyes widen. "But you said that was the end!!!!" He shouts.

"Trust me Kanan. The end is only the beginning......."

The End