Chapter 39: Rough Past

Kanan's pov

"Ezra, we need to talk." I say. They both look at each other knowing they are in trouble.

"Ok well I'll be leaving now bye." Ellie says and disappears. Ezra rolls his eyes.

"Typical Ellie. Always leaves me to deal with the consequences. Kanan I'm sorry I left like that but I needed t-" I cut him off.

"I'm not talking about that." I say. He gives me a confused look.

"Then what?" He asks.

"Ezra......I know what you have done to yourself. I know you used to cut yourself." I say with sadness in my voice. His eyes then widen with fear.

"How.....how did you find out?" Ezra asks me.

"That doesn't matter but why wouldn't you tell me? I thought you trusted me." I say.

"I do Kanan but you know had a rough past." He says.

"I know but you still could've told us." I say.

"I'm sorry it's just......" Ezra says while trying to hold back tears.

"Just what?" I ask with concern.

"I just couldn't deal with it anymore. I had no one at the time. I wanted to see my parents again. I thought that it was the only way to see them again." He says while looking down.

I sigh. It's devastating Ezra had to do this to himself. No one should go through this.

I put my hand on his shoulder. "Ezra I'm sorry. I want you to know that you aren't alone anymore. You have us." I say. He looks up at me and smiles.

"I know. I also have Ellie." He says. "I owe her my life. And she actually made me stop cutting myself. Even though I never saw her while I was on the streets, I still felt her. But it soon faded after my third year by myself." He says.

"Well she could be a handful sometimes but she's not bad." I say.

"Not bad really?" I hear a voice ask me. I jump surprised and turn around to see Ellie.

"Don't do that." I say annoyed.

"I just came back to apologize to my boyfriend for leaving." She says. Boyfriend?

"Who's your boyfriend?" I ask.

"None of your business ponytail. Well sorry Ezra for leaving I didn't want to get involved with this." She says pointing to me. My eyes widen. Wait......no not happening!!!

"Ezra your Ellie's boyfriend?" I almost shout. He has his hand rubbing his forehead.

"No Kanan it was a joke." He says. I cross my arms.

"Doesn't sound like one of those jokes." I say.

"Then it's an inside joke." He says with a smile. I sigh.

"Alright well come on we should see the rest of the crew." I say heading to the door.

"Bye my boyfriend!!" Ellie says leaving. I give Ezra a look and he just smiles.

We then head into the common room where everyone is still in there after I left with sad expressions on their faces. They still feel affected hearing the news about Ezra.

"Hey guys Ezra's back." I say. They all then jump up from their seats running towards Ezra. Hera makes it to him first hugging him, then Sabine hugs him while Zeb just pats his back.

"Ezra don't ever do anything like that again." Hera says in a serious tone.

"Don't worry Hera I haven't done it in awhile anyways. The most I ever think of it is when I look in my-" Ezra suddenly stops talking.

"What is it?" Sabine asks him.

"Journal." He says looking straight at me.

Oh force...........