Chapter 16: The brownie prank

Kanan's pov

After I found out about Ezra's prank, I went into my room and meditated to relax. I haven't done this in awhile. Now nothing could stop me. "Everyone come in the kitchen I made something!!!!!" I hear Ezra shout. Oh no he's going to give it to everyone!!!

I quickly go into the kitchen to see Ezra setting up the table with plates of brownies and cups of water. Behind me, Hera, Sabine and Zeb come in. Sabine and Zeb's faces light up when they see the brownies. "What are you waiting for guys eat it." Ezra says.

"No don't eat it." I say standing in front of the table. "Why can't we?" Zeb asks. "Ezra put sleeping pills in them." I say. "Why would I do that?" Ezra asks me. "To get me back for reading your journal." I say. "You read his journal?" Hera asks me.

"Yeah but don't eat it." I say. "Kanan I didn't put anything in the brownies." Ezra says. "Oh yeah then you eat one." I say with a smile. Now I got him. "Ok." He says and takes a brownie. No way he's gonna eat it. That's when he bites it and starts to eat it.

After he's done, he just stands there. "Why aren't you sleeping?" I ask him. "Sorry Kanan was I suppose to be sleeping?" He asks me. "But the paper in your room said you were making brownies with sleeping pills." I say. "You mean my recipe on how to make brownies? Yeah I used it to help me make these." He says.

"I'll get it to show you." I say and leave. I rush into Ezra's room and the paper is there. Yes!!! I take it without looking at it and go back into the kitchen. By the time I'm in there, everyone is eating the brownies. "Look see!!! This is the paper!!!" I shout. "Let me see that." Sabine says and gets up to take a look at it.

"It's a recipe for brownies Kanan." She says. "No it's n-" My jaw then drops when I see that it is a recipe. "How did.....it was......what?" I say really confused. "Kanan your acting weird." Hera says. "Yeah just have a brownie." Sabine says.

"Fine!!! But you'll see when I get put to sleep." I say and sit down. I take the brownie and slowly put it in my mouth. When I bite it, everyone is looking at me. "So are you feeling sleepy?" Ezra asks me. "No." I say surprised.

"Well we will leave you with your sleepy brownie." Sabine says and they all leave finished with their brownies. That's when I realize what just happened. "You put that paper on your counter so I would see it didn't you?" I ask him.

"Maybe...." He says. "Well played, you got me. Nice prank now this is all over." I say and drink out of my cup. All of a sudden I feel really tired. I then close my eyes and fall asleep.

Ezra's pov

"Well played, you got me. Nice prank now this is all over." Kanan says and drinks out of his cup. That's when he suddenly falls asleep. "It's not over, I'm just getting started." I say making sure he's asleep.

"That went better than I thought." Ellie says. "I know now help me bring him to his room." I say. Ellie then takes his legs and I take his arms and we carry him to his room. "How many brownies did he eat?" She asks.

That's when we place him on his bed. "You got the marker?" I whisper. Ellie then pulls out two markers. "Let's get started."