Chapter 2: Ezra is gone

Kanan's pov

Today's the day for our mission. Sleeping last night was impossible. I kept having nightmares of Ezra being kidnapped. I won't let that happen no matter what.

Since the town was near by, Ezra and I walked there. The sun was beating down on us while the wind cooled us. It was nice, till we arrived. We both stood there in shock. The buildings were all knocked down or burned. As we are walking down the street, Loth cats would pass by us.

"This place looks real creepy." Ezra says. "We won't be here long, just need to search the town more." I say. "What are we looking for again?" He asks me. "There's suppose to be someone who's a rebel spy here who is going to give us information." I say.

"How exactly do we find him?" He asks.  "You don't need to find me." Someone says behind us. We both turn around at the same time to see a man leaning against a wall. "Are you just going to stand there or am I going to tell you the information?" He asks us.

This guy has imperial clothing on and looks middle age. Ezra and I go closer to him. But the guy puts his hand in front of Ezra to stop. "Sorry kid, this is for adults to hear." He says. Ezra looks at me confused on why he couldn't listen be here.

"It's ok. Here take credit and buy something around here." I say reaching into my pocket and hand him the credit. "Oh wow thanks I can't wait to buy some ice cream with this." He says in a kiddish voice and walks away. I sigh and put my focus on the guy's information.

Ezra's pov

I cannot believe that guy didn't let me stay. And the worst part is, Kanan just let it happen. I get it, they both think I'm just a child. Well I'm not, I'm a mature teenager.

All of a sudden I see a balloon stand to my right side. "Balloons!!!!" I shout in joy. I then run to it not paying attention to how far I went. "Can I have a balloon hat please?" I ask the man giving him my credit.

He then quickly makes a blue balloon hat and hands it to me. "Yes!!! Thank you!!!!" I shout and put it on my head. "Your welcome take care kid." The man says. Come on!!! I used to love balloons when I was little. Not as much as I loved ice cream.

I walked away from the stand and headed back to Kanan. But before I got far, I felt like the force was warning me about something. But I didn't react soon enough when a hand covered my mouth. I tried to get away but the person slammed me into a wall causing my vision to go blurry.

I was still conscious but I was too weak to fight back. I then felt myself being picked up and going further into darkness.

Kanan's pov

"I found out that for Empire day, they will be presenting a new tie." He says. "Really? That will give us an opportunity to destroy it." I say. I then take a quick glance at Ezra who has a balloon hat on his head. I shake my hand. He really didn't have to take it that far.

"There will also be extra security so stay alert." He says. I nod in understanding. I then feel a disturbance in the force. I turn around again to see Ezra's balloon hat on the ground and Ezra.....gone. "Thanks for the information." I say and immediately walk away from him.

"Ezra?" I say looking around. I pick up his hat. "Ezra? Come on I know your mad but hiding isn't going to help you." I say. No sign of him. "Ezra?" I say again walking around. Where is he? "Ezra this isn't funny." I say getting worried.

As I'm walking around, I see the balloon stand Ezra went to get his hat. "Hey sir, have you seen a kid with blue hair?" I ask him. "Did he have blue eyes too?" He asks. "Yes!! Have you seen him?" I ask. "Yeah it looked someone was carrying him, probably his dad or something." He says.

Dad? This can't be good. "Well thanks for the help." I say and walk away from him. What if he...........oh no. Please don't be that, please don't be that. I start to run around the streets. "Ezra!!!" I shout. I see a couple walking. "Excuse me, have you seen a kid with blue hair and blue eyes?" I ask.

They both shake their heads. I just walk away from them and go to the person behind them. "Have you seen a kid around here with blue hair and blue eyes?" I ask again to him. "Was he wearing a jumpsuit?" He asks. "Yeah do you know where he went?" I ask.

"I saw him with a man walking that way." He says pointing behind him. "Thanks." I say a run behind him. Behind him is a dark alley. From a far distance I saw a van drive away. I felt a small force signature inside it. Ezra.

"Ezra!!!!" I shout running as fast as I could to catch up to the van. But it was too late. The van was gone, and so was Ezra.