Chapter 29: Rebuilding a bond

Ezra's pov

"I'll be right back." Ellie says and then leaves. Where is she going? "Ellie?" I say while the gang looks at me confused. That's when I see through the window Ellie punching Kanan unconscious.

"Oh no. Sorry guys I have to go." I say and heading to the door. "Hope things go well with your friends." Tattooed guy says still in tears. When I step outside, I see Kanan on the ground. "Ellie what was that for?!?!?" I shout.

"I told you if I saw him again I would beat the crab out of him." She says. "Well this is bad. Now we are going to have to bring him back to the ghost." I say. "Well this was still worth it. He needed to pay for what he wrote." Ellie says. "Can you just help me carry him?" I ask already lifting Kanan's arms up.

She gives a small groan. "Fine." Ellie says lifting his legs.

Time skip

"Ugh this reminds me of when we had to carry him to his room. But longer." Ellie says in a wining tone. "Hey we wouldn't have had to carry him if you never punched him." I say. "Well we wouldn't have been in this situation if he never said those mean things on the paper." She says.

Ok she got me there. "We are almost at the ghost. I'm going to be in so much trouble." I say. "Not if you lie." Ellie says. "Lie? How could I possibly lie about this? They all probably know that I ran away so how do I explain how Kanan got knocked out?" I ask.

"Easy........ok maybe not that easy." She says. When we finally arrive to the ghost, we try our best to sneak him into his room without anyone seeing us. We were successful getting Kanan into his room but getting back out was another story.

"Ok let's go." Ellie whispers. "Wait just one more thing." I whisper.

Time skip......(a few minutes)

"Ok done." I whisper. "Great now let's go." Ellie whispers. We both then quietly leave Kanan's room. Zeb was of course in his room and Sabine was painting in her room so we got through the hallway in a second.

But once we got into the common room, we both stop in our place when we see Hera. She has her back to us, so we slowly back away. I thought we would make it until.......

"Ezra!!!!" Hera shouts pulling me into a motherly hug. "Are you ok? Why would you leave? Wait your arms!!!! Their bleeding!!!" Hera says looking at my arms. Oh I forgot about that. "I'm fine Hera." I say. "Well fine or not your going to the med bay." She says already taking me before I could say no.

"Wow you weren't kidding when you said Hera was like a mother to you." Ellie says. Hera started to bandage my arms. "What happened?" Hera asks me. "Mik......I mean there was a small street fight." I lie. I almost forgot that I wasn't suppose to tell Hera about the whole kidnapping thing.

"Well your back and that's all that matters." Hera says. "I was so worried."  She says. "I'm not sure if Kanan was." I mumble. But Hera hears it and makes an angry face. "Remind me that I still need to kill Kanan later." She says. "Pretty sure Ellie took care of that." I say.

"What?" Hera asks. "Nothing. Why do you need to kill Kanan?" I ask. "Ezra that paper you read before wasn't true. Kanan was just stressed and he needed to let his anger out. He didn't mean what he wrote." She says. Wait it wasn't real?

"Are you sure he didn't mean it?" I ask. "Yes he felt really bad after you ran away. In fact we all went searching for you." Hera says. Oh that's why he was.......ohhhhh. I look at Ellie. "Sorry I didn't know.......but I still enjoyed it." Ellie says with a smile.

"So Kanan doesn't think I belong on the streets?" I ask Hera. "Of course not." She says. That's when Kanan rushes in. "Hera I-" He then notices me. "Ezra?." Kanan says. "Yeah it's me." I say half smiling. He then comes over to me and gives me a hug.

"I'm so sorry Ezra. What I wrote on that paper wasn't true. I don't think of you as a street rat, I think of you as my son." He says. I return the hug. "I'm sorry too Kanan. I shouldn't have ran away." I say. "No it was my fault you-" He then looks at my arms.

"What happened to your arms?" Kanan asks me. "Street fight. I'll tell you about it later." I say secretly pointing to Hera. He doesn't understand at first. But then nods. "Well it's a good thing you came back. I could've sworn I saw you in the town but I'm pretty sure it was just a dream." He says.

"Ha! You wish it was a dream." Ellie says. I give a small laugh. "Well I need to continue bandaging Ezra's arms." Hera says. "Ok it's good to have you back Ezra." Kanan says and leaves.

"Uhhh Ezra?" Hera says. "What?" I ask. "Why did Kanan have a mustache on his face?" She asks. "Just some.....revenge?" I say hoping she won't yell.

"EZRA!!!!!!" We hear Kanan shout from outside the door. That's when Hera high fives me.

It's good to be back.........