Chapter 25: The Paper that could break a bond

Kanan's pov

Man that prank really got me crazy. How is it that he always gets me to lose my mind? This has been such a stressful time with all these pranks. Why can't Ezra just stop? I need to wake up without having a mustache on my face for once.

I don't have my perfume to calm me down so what do I do? I could meditate but I want to make sure Ezra doesn't try anything on me again. You know what I got it!!!! I'll write down my feelings. My master used to do that all the time.

I quickly take out a piece of paper and a pen.

This has been one of the WORST moment in my life ever!!!! These pranks need to stop. Ezra has to grow up and quit acting like a child. If I knew he was going to do this when I met him, I would've left him on the streets where he belongs.

Ok I feel better now. Of course I didn't mean what I wrote but I just needed to get my anger out. I take the piece of paper a crumble it up. I then throw it in the garbage in my room.

"Kanan can you help us with the fuel?" I hear Hera ask through the door. "Yeah I'm coming." I say and leave my room. "Ok I'm here." I say as I enter the control room. "Oh no it's fine now Chopper is helping me." Hera says.

She literally just called me. How quick is that droid? "Hey guys why is there waffles in the garbage?" We hear Zeb ask. Oh force........

Ezra's pov

"That. Was. AWESOME!!!!!!" Ellie shouts still looking and sounding like me. "I know!!! It went better than I expected." I say. "Yeah I don't know what could top that one. I still don't get why we didn't end off with that." She says.

"It's still a surprise but it's going to take time to edit and everything." I say. "Edit? Wait are you-" I cut her off. "Shh!!! Kanan might hear you." I say. Ellie gives me a look like I'm dumb. "Oh yeah he can't hear you." I say scratching the back of my head.

"I think I know what your doing. And if I'm right, there are more cameras in Kanan's room." She says with a smirk. "Yeah your right. Let's go." I say leaving my room with Ellie behind me. I knock on Kanan's door to make sure he's not in there.

"Why would you knock?" Ellie asks me. "I want to make sure he's not in there." I say. "I got a better idea." She says and just walks straight through the door before I could open it. "Wow why didn't I think of that?" I say sarcastically.

I then open the door and step in to see Ellie already looking for the camera. "I don't remember where I put it." She says. "Really? It was your idea to put cameras here in the first place." I say. "I also put cameras in the other room so I lost track." She says looking under his desk.

I begin to search all around the room till I see it inside a cup. "Found it." I say taking it out. Ellie doesn't respond. I turn around to see her on the floor with a crumbled piece of paper. Her expression seems pretty shocked.

"What is it?" I ask her. She suddenly throws away the paper. "Nothing let's just get out of here." She says getting up. "Wait what did it say?" I ask. "Ezra trust me when I say this. Don't read the paper." She tells me in a serious tone.

"Ok....." I lie. I'm going reading it. Ellie then walks away from the garage. I then take the opportunity to take the paper out of the garbage and read it. "Ezra don't!!!!" She shouts. But it's too late. I read every heartbreaking word on the crumbled up paper.

My mind is lost. Kanan really wrote that? He had to. As much as I don't want to believe it, he had to. I drop the camera on the floor and just stare at the paper with a blank expression.

Ellie notices my loss in words. "Ezra.....I'm sorry." She says. That's when the tears start to stream down my face. I quickly wipe it away. "It's fine I always knew this was too good to be true." I say. "I guess according to this paper, I am just a street rat."

I then drop the paper and let it slowly fall to the floor. "Your not a street rat." She says. I just run back into my room. The tears reform in my eyes. If the streets is where I belong, then I'll just go back there like Kanan wants.

I put my stuff in my bag and go leave the ghost as fast as I could. As I'm running, it starts to rain. "Really?!?!" I shout in frustration. By the time I get to my tower, I'm soaking wet.

"Ezra." I hear Ellie say behind me. She looks at me with concern. "It's ok Ellie, I've been alone for 8 years. I survived throughout those years without Kanan. I had some hope that I could find my parents, but turns out it wasn't hope, it was me not excepting the truth that my parents are gone. I had to deal with the fact that I was never going to see them again. Now I thought I had people who actually could be like a family that I lost. But I was wrong. I actually thought Kanan was like a father to me. But turns out it was a lie!!!!! You know what? Forget him!!!!!" I shout while making a few of my helmets shoot up into the air.

Ellie just stares at me. She then embraces me in a hug. When I start to calm down, the things floating fall roughly on the floor. But it doesn't make us stop hugging. I put my face on her shoulder while sobbing. "Does he really think I'm a street rat?" I ask still crying.

"I don't know Ezra." She says still holding me close. "I don't know." She says again tightening her grip on me. Kanan I'm sorry that I wasn't a good apprentice. I'm sorry.......