Chapter 9: Pain and Imagination

Ezra's pov

Right now I'm beyond terrified. I was meditating in "my" bedroom and had a vision of Kanan and Fulcrum talking. Mike is going to kill me. I have to get out of here.

I was going to leave the room till Mike comes in. "Come on, we are going to go somewhere." He says. I just stood there not knowing what to do. It's like I could see in his eyes that he is going to kill me. "Uhhh it's ok I'll just stay here." I say nervous.

"It will be quick." He says very creepy. Mike then grabs my arm and drags me outside. He then takes me to a dark corner across the street. I try to get away from him but he hold on to me tight. Mike then pulls out a rope and puts me on the ground.

"Help!!!" I shout. "The pain will be very quick." He says. Mike then ties the rope around my neck and starts to tighten it making me feel really light headed. "Please don't do this." I say trying to breath. He just tightens it more. I start to only see black and close my eyes.

All of a sudden I don't feel Mike tightening the rope anymore. I can't see what's going on but I hear some voices. It almost sounds like screams. That's when I feel the rope being taken off my neck. "Are you alright?" I hear a voice ask me. I couldn't find the words to speak or open my eyes to see.

I then feel myself being picked up. It becomes really hard for me to stay awake so I go into a deep sleep.

Kanan's pov

After I talked to Fulcrum, I went back into Ezra's room to read his journal. Maybe if I read his entry on Mike over again, I'll get some more answers.

I quickly go through his words about him and I find nothing. Ezra didn't really write much about him. I just don't get what Mike thinks. I know his intentions sadly but it doesn't make sense on how he found Ezra. I'm getting myself really confused.

All I know is that I need to get Ezra back, and before Hera comes. I know I would have to tell her anyways but I don't want her and the rest of the crew to get worried. The only thing I could do now is read another entry.

May 11

Since my last entry was kinda a serious matter, I thought that this one should be a fun one. So I decided to just talk about my best friend in the whole world Ellie.

By now she told me what she did to fix my cuts and bruises the other day. She had this sorta way of healing. I'll get her to teach me how to do it. Ellie has also told me about her world she lives in.

She explains her world so wonderfully. How could her world not be wonderful? There is no Empire and only the sound of peace. It's my dream to visit her world. We have been scheduling it for awhile but I had to ask my parents for permission.

That was the hard part because they don't believe Ellie is real. So I just told them that it was somewhere in the house and completely fake her world. And by fake I mean fake it. I had to make a tent in my room with blankets and pillows.

Let's just say it was good enough to convince my parents to let me go. Ellie just has to ask her parents now. I hope they say yes. And if I do get to go there, I hope they have amazing ice cream.

Ezra

Part of me is happy that Ezra had a very active imagination, but half of me hopes Ellie isn't real. I'm not sure if it would be a good thing to see things like that when no one else could.

"Specter 2 to specter 1." I hear my com go off. Hera!!!! "Specter 1 copy." I say. I then squint my eyes. Copy? Really? "How's everything?" Hera asks. What do I say? Do I lie or do I tell the truth? "Uhhh yeah everything is fine." I lie.

"Ok how's Ezra?" She asks. "He's fine." I lie. Man two lies in a row what next? "Really? Because I tried to call him but he hasn't answered." She says. "Oh yeah uhhh his com broke so I'm fixing it." I lie. Three lies now. "Ok can I talk to him?" She asks. I'm doomed.

"You can't right now he's...... sleeping." I lie. Four in a row. "Isn't it only 5:30 over there?" She asks. Might as well make it five right now. "Yeah but....we are going to train early tomorrow so I told him to get as much rest as he could." I lie.

"Alright that makes sense." She says. Yeah only if it were real. "I have to go now. Tell Ezra I said hi. Specter 2 out." She says and hangs up. I hope I will be able to tell Ezra that.