Chapter 34: The End is Only the Beginning

Ezra's pov

It's been a few days since Ellie revealed herself to everyone. Has it been adventurous? Exciting? Well......let's just say it has been definitely funny to Ellie and I. To Kanan......that's another story.

Since Ellie has been gone for most of today for whatever reason, Kanan has had a weird feeling that we were planning another prank on him. So he has been trying to talk to Ellie for the past few days with a "calm" tone. I don't know why Kanan tries to be on her good side. It's obvious Ellie doesn't like him. Ha! He's probably afraid of what she will do to him.

"Ezra I heard that I'm not afraid of Ellie." Kanan says reading my mind.

"Sorry Kanan." I say. Yeah he's totally afraid of Ellie........

"Hey!!! I heard that!!!" He shouts at me.

"I know." I say with a smile. He just sighs in frustration and continues to meditate.

For training today we have to do my least favorite thing, meditate. Kanan sees it as a calm thing to relieve your stress. I see it as boring. One time I fell asleep while trying to meditate. Kanan got so mad at me....it was great.

"Why do Jedi meditate anyways?" I ask Kanan.

"Well meditating is where Jedi could go into a place of peace an-" Suddenly Ellie appears interrupting Kanan.

"Ezra I need your help!!!" Ellie shouts.

"Woah what's wrong?" I ask with concern.

"It's my parents. They got sentenced to eternity in hell." She says with tears forming in her eyes. My jaw drops.

"What?!? Why?!?" I shout.

"The demon sent them there. You need to help me get them out." She says.

"Wait hold up. What's going on?" Kanan asks getting up.

"The demon was able to punch a hole into heaven and take my parents. Ezra needs to help me get them back." Ellie says.

"How could I help?" I ask shaking a little.

"To get people out of hell, your going to need someone who is alive and with a gift." She says. I look at her confused.

"Gift? What gift?" I ask.

"You could be able to see us when no one else could. Your the only one who could save my parents. Please Ezra." Ellie says begging me.

I look at Kanan who is shaking his head telling me not to do it. I look at Ellie who is still in tears pleading for me to help her. I know Kanan will kill me for going but I need to help her. She has helped me out before now I must help her.

"Ok I'll help you get your parents back." I say.

"What?!? Ezra no your not going." Kanan orders me.

"I have to Kanan. If I don't then she will never see her parents again." I say.

"I'm not letting you go." He says.

"Too late I'm already going." I say taking Ellie's hand.

"Wait!!! Ezra don't go!!!" He shouts. Ellie and I start to fade away.

"Sorry Kanan. I'm just going to hell I'll be right back." I say and before I know it everything becomes very bright.

Kanan's pov

Before I could talk Ezra out of this, he was already gone. How could he leave? How could he leave me again? First he got kidnapped, then he ran away, now he left and is not coming back for who knows how long.

What am I going to tell everyone else? Most importantly what am I going to tell Hera? We both see Ezra as our son so she will be heartbroken. When I told her about him running away, she nearly killed me.

While lost in my train of thoughts, I notice something on the floor. It's a disk. I pick it up and see that it is labeled Pranks On Kanan. They seriously made a video of me?

My instincts told me to watch it. So I quickly go into the common room and set it up. A hologram was immediately shown of Ezra. He had his evil smile on his face while explaining the first prank he was going to do to me.

I actually almost laughed at myself when I wiped the towel with blue paint on my face. But I was disappointed when the video shut down. That was it?

There has to be more then that. I desperately try see if there is anymore memory in the disk. There must be another. I then go into Ezra's room and search through his stuff. Probably not the best thing to be doing but I did it anyways.

When I looked on his counter, I saw Ezra's journal. Wow this is what caused it all. I gently pick it up and start to read through the entries. I am really risking a lot right now. Ezra could find out about this and do his pranking thing on me again.

Well I might as well just go through the journal not reading the whole entries. While zooming through the pages, I get little information of Ezra's thoughts.

It's mostly more stuff about Ellie and his parents. But then there was one entry that made my blood go cold. I nearly dropped the journal in shock. I could feel a tear go down my cheek. My heart stopped beating for a second causing me to breath heavily for awhile. It felt like everything around me wasn't real anymore. Just a world of darkness.

Ezra used to cut himself............

        TO BE CONTINUED.........