Chapter 10: Safe and Sound?

Ezra's pov

I fluttered my eyes open and squinted at the bright light. I looked around at the white room in confusion. Where am I? What happened? That's when the memories came shooting back. Mike was trying to kill me. But how did I get here?

I was on some sort of bed that looked like the ones in our med bays. "Kid can you hear me?" I hear a voice ask me. I turn my head to my side to see a woman in a nurse uniform. I try to speak but I just go into a coughing fit.

"I could tell your throat is still sore from the rope. You should drink lots of fluids and rest." She tells me. "Where *cough* am*cough* I?" I ask. "Your in the hospital. Your mom brought you here while you were unconscious." She says.

My mom? "What?" I ask her. "She's your mom right? Sarah Miller?" She asks. I shake my head. "But you know her right?" She asks me. I shake my head again. "Well can you tell me what your name is so we could contact your parents?" She asks. "My name......is Ezra Bridger." I say nervously.

"Wait Ezra Bridger? That sounds like the name of that rebel who disappeared." She says. Her eyes widen. "Are you the missing rebel?" She asks me. Should I tell her? "Uhhhh yeah?" I say hoping she's not part of the Empire.

"Get up." She tells me. "W-why?" I ask her getting worried. "Hurry before the imperials come." She says and helps me up. I could walk on my own but my throat still hurt pretty badly. The nurse walks me to a different room. "Stay here the imperials always check every room. They already checked this one so I'll call Fulcrum and tell her your here." She says and starts to walk out.

"Wait can you tell me h-" But she already left before I could finish. How does she know Fulcrum? "H-hello?" Someone says behind me. I turn around to see a woman on a bed with a cast on her leg and a black eye. Looks like she was in some bad fight.

"Sorry I'll *cough* be leaving soon." I say. She just looks at my throat with the line on it showing what Mike did to me. "Are you ok?" She asks me. I look at her confused. "Uhh yeah I'm fine." I lie. The truth is, I'm not fine. I'm not sure what's going on. I really miss Kanan and really hope I could see him again.

"You sure? Because the last time I saw you, you looked tensed." She says. "Wait how did you see......are you Sarah Miller?" I ask her. She nods. "That man put up some fight." She says. I gasp. Mike did that to her? "I'm so sorry that happened to you." I say.

"It's ok, but may I ask what got you in that situation?" She asks me. "That man kidnapped me from......and tried to......" I then started to tear up. My heart was racing and I felt extremely hot. "Do you need to sit down?" Sarah asks me. I just nod and sit down on a chair.

I want to go back home. I have been gone for a few days now. All of a sudden the door opens and the nurse comes back in. "I called Fulcrum and she already has send some members of the Fenix squadron here. You shouldn't have a problem getting outside." She says. "Wait how do you know Fulcrum?" I ask her.

"I used to be a nurse for the rebellion for a few years." She says. I nod. "Hurry go and see your master, and yes Fulcrum told me about your master. He misses you so much." She says with a smile. I smile and almost cry again hearing about Kanan.

"Thank you." I say. "Don't mention it Ezra just go quick." The nurse says. I then head to the door. "Oh and thank you Sarah for helping me........even though I don't remember." I say. Sarah chuckles. "Your welcome." She says. I then leave the room and head outside seeing no imperials so far.

I can't believe it. I'm going to see my friends again!!! Nothing could stop me now!!!!! "Hey you come here!!!" Someone shouts behind me. I flinch and turn around to see Mike running towards me. Oh no no no no no. I speed off. "Get back here!!!!" He shouts. I just keep running.

I kept looking behind me to see him getting closer and closer to me. That's when he grabs my arm. "Let me go!!!!" I shout trying to get out of his grasp. He just doesn't say anything and keeps dragging me. But all of a sudden I see a blaster hole go through Mike and drops to the ground and let's go of me.

What the? I look to my side and see someone from the Fenix squadron holding their blaster. "This is 428, I found Ezra Bridger." He says and heads towards me. Two other members follow him. I look down at Mike. He's not dead, he got shot in his arm.

They handcuff him and take him away. "Don't worry Ezra, your safe now." One of them says and has me follow him. I sigh in relief knowing that I will be going back home.