Chapter 5: Unexpected Visit

Kanan's dream

"Kanan." I hear Ezra say. He is smiling at me. I smile back. We are outside of the ghost. The sun is brighter than ever. I'm not sure what we are smiling about but I'm just glad he's here.

All of a sudden a dark figure sneaks up behind Ezra and grabs him. The sun then disappears leaving us in darkness. "Kanan!!!! Help me!!!!" Ezra shouts fighting the mans grasp. "Ezra!!!!" I shout chasing after them.

That's when a van appears out of nowhere and he throws Ezra into the trunk. "No!!!!!" I shout. The van then drives away. "No no no no!!!!!! Please come back!!!!!! This can't happen!!!! Ezra don't go!!!!!" I shout and drop to my knees crying.

Kanan's pov

I wake up in a haze. "He's up!!!!" A woman in a nurse uniform shouts. That's when both Fulcrum and the detective come in. "Kanan are you alright?" Fulcrum asks me. "Yeah I think so." I say using my strength to get off what looks like a bed.

"What happened? Wait......Ezra's dead!!!!" I shout losing control. "Calm down Kanan. Ezra's not dead." Fulcrum says. "Wait what?" I ask. "I'm sorry I mixed up the cases. There was another kid who got killed when he was kidnapped." The detective says.

I sigh in relief. "So he's not dead?" I ask. "No he's still alive we just wanted to review the evidence we found with you since your the one who knows him the most." She says. "You telling us that you saw Ezra be taken in the van helps a lot."

I nod feeling exhausted. "How long was I out?" I ask. "A day." He says. "A day?" I ask. "So what's today?" "Wednesday." She says. "Hera will be back on Saturday." I say rubbing my head. Fulcrum puts a hand on my shoulder. "We will find him Kanan." She says. I hope so. "You should get back to Lothal. We will search more and contact you when we find something." She says. I nod.

When I enter the control room in the ghost, I could barely keep my eyes open. I put the ship into hyperspace and autopilot. I then go back into Ezra's room because it's the place I feel most connected to him.

I grab his book and read the next chapter.

August 31

Right now I'm at the park. It's a very calm place for me to go to. I wanted to write too just to write down my terrible experience. I can't tell anyone this, not even my parents.

It all started when my parents send me to see my grandparents for the weekend. I haven't seen them for awhile so I was really excited. The problem was I had to go on a plane by myself.

The plane part wasn't so bad. But the airport was the scary part. My grandparents weren't there to pick me up like they were suppose to. I couldn't find them anywhere. I tried calling them with the phone my mom gave me for emergencies.

They never picked up once. I then thought it was a good idea to just walk to their house. It was only 8 miles. But I only made it 4 miles when a gang grabbed me and started to beat me up.

I tried to fight back but they were too strong. I was bleeding all over the place. I was crying the whole time. But then something unexpected happened. I put my hands out and made the gangs fly away.

It was like I had a power. They ran off leaving me in my own pool of blood. I couldn't move so I just laid on the ground of the highway and cried silently. I thought I was going to die till Ellie came.

She was extremely shocked. She helped me up and carried me. I soon fell asleep so I didn't know where she took me. When I woke up, I was healed. My bruises were gone, and I was no longer bleeding.

I didn't know what time it was, but I did know it was night. I quickly found my way to my grandparents house. I knocked on their door multiple times, no one answered. On my side, I noticed a sign that was from the Empire.

My grandparents were taken away. The only thing I thought about at that moment was why. Why would the Empire take two innocent people? I was completely lost and confused.

I just decided to walk back to the airport hoping another gang didn't come. A gang did come but they only took my stuff. I was pretty much dehydrated at that point. I didn't think I would make it to the airport.

It's a good thing I did make it, but my ticket back home was in my bag that they took. I just sat there all alone with tears running down my face. I thought I would never get back home. That is until a nice couple noticed me.

They asked me questions like where's my parents and what I was doing there by myself. I quickly told them everything and they let me fly with them back to Lothal. Besides Ellie, they were the most nicest people ever.

When I got back home, I thought my parents would yell at me for not coming back soon. But turns out I was back home by the end of the weekend like I was suppose to. So I didn't tell them what happened.

I wish the Empire never existed. Who wouldn't wish they never existed?

Ezra

I couldn't help but cry. Ezra was six at that time, and he went through all of that. He probably never got to tell his parents. The only thing that confused me was when Ellie helped Ezra. If she's not real, then how did she heal him?

I just shake that question out of my head and put the book back on the counter. I then go back on Ezra's bunk and cried myself to sleep again. Turns out I was right when I thought I would have another nightmare.