Chapter 3: I need help

Kanan's pov

Hera's going to kill me. I promised her I would watch Ezra, but now he's gone. What do I do now? I can't tell her because she's too busy on the mission. I don't want to just go back to the ghost without him. I need to contact someone to help me find him.

I didn't want to do this, but I left the town and went back to the ghost to contact Fulcrum. While inside the ghost, I felt guilt fill me and sadness. I try to stay together to talk to Fulcrum but it was just too hard.

"How did your mission go? Did you get the information?" Fulcrum asks me. "Yeah but I need your help." I say. "What is it?" She asks. I take a deep breath. "I lost Ezra. I think he was kidnapped in the town we went to." I say.

Fulcrum takes a moment to think about this. "That place is known for kidnapping. I don't know how I could help you in this situation." She says. "Please help me. I need him. I can't bare to spend the rest of my life with a loss of someone important." I say breaking a tear.

"Ok I'll help. I will send groups to search Lothal for any sign of him." She says. "Thank you." I say. Fulcrum then ends the transmission. Now all I could do is wait. I hate to wait when my padawan is out there with a stranger who could do who knows what to him.

I then leave the common room and go into Ezra's room. It's the same as always. Dusty, messy, and smelly. But why do I feel like it's so different? I sit on the bottom bunk and look around. Ezra can't be gone. He just can't. I have hope that Fulcrum will find him.

On the counter, I see a book. Well I know it's definitely not Zeb's. I get up and take the book. Inside of it is filled with journal entries. All of them are signed with Ezra on the bottom. This must be Ezra's journal. I look at the first entry.

April 28th

I found this book in my dad's room. Doesn't look like he uses it often. I guess it wouldn't be so bad if I wrote in it. I should at least introduce myself. Hi, my name is Ezra Bridger. I live with my parents in.......sorry I'm only 6 I haven't remembered our address.

Even though my whole life has had the Empire in it, I still look at the brighter things in life. My mom always tells me to do that. Sometimes it actually works. Like when I think of balloons I always get filled up with joy. My favorite is the ones made into a hat.

But I mostly LOVE ice cream. If there was an ice cream truck, I'd be there in a second. My favorite flavor is chocolate. Most people like vanilla but it doesn't have that flavor to me. For my birthday last year, my parents made me homemade chocolate ice cream.

I was trying to act excited because it didn't taste so bad. I knew they couldn't afford ice cream that time so I made the best of it. But really who messes up ice cream? It's the best treat in the world. I would go into a pool of ice cream instead of water.

But it's not like I'm obsessed with it......ok maybe I'm a little obsessed with it. But it could be worse, the Empire could've taken all ice cream factories. They only took away two. The other three are still around Lothal. One day I dream to have the most famous ice cream, I think it's called Fabulous.

Weird name but yeah. Oh my mom is calling me down I have to go. It's probably going to be about my whole imaginary friend thing. I'll explain about that later.

Ezra

I couldn't help but laugh through his ice cream talk. I never knew he actually liked ice cream. Just like I never knew he liked balloons. When he bought the balloon hat, I thought he was just trying to play around with me.

The thought of Ezra in the town again makes me feel sad. I forgot for a second that he wasn't here. The worst feeling that no one could match. I then decide to put the book down and go on the top bunk where Ezra usually sleeps and cry myself to sleep.