Chapter 36: Telling the Others

Kanan's pov

I told everyone the bad news. I couldn't keep it hidden forever. They were all shocked hearing that Ezra used to cut himself. They didn't expect their youngest crew member to do something like this to himself.

"Where is he now?" Hera asks. Oh force I didn't tell them the other part.

"He went with Ellie." I say. Everyone let's out a gasp.

"What?!?! He's dead?!?!" They all shout.

"What? No he's not dead he just went with Ellie to help her with something." I say. They all sigh in relief.

"When will they be back?" Zeb asks. I shrug.

"I don't know. But they should be back soon." I say with hope.

"When he comes back I'm doing an immediate check up on him." Hera says. I just nod. If I make her angry in her mother mode, things won't end well.

"How did you even find out about this?" Sabine asks me.

"I read his journal." I say but then curse myself for letting those words come out.

Hera and Sabine both get ready to punch me but I quickly stop them.

"Woah why are you mad at me?" I ask already knowing the answer.

"You seriously read his journal again?!?!? After all that has happened?!?!?" Hera shouts.

"I had a good reason." I say.

"And that is?" Sabine asks with a serious look on her face.

"I was looking for something." I say trying to make it sound convincing.

"That's your excuse?!?!?" Sabine shouts.

"Hey! At least we know what Ezra has been doing to himself so now we could help him." I say.

"Yeah but things like that should be revealed when a person feels comfortable talking about it, not by going through their privacy. It will cause Ezra to feel mad and not want to talk about it now." Hera says.

Ok she got me there.......

"Alright I made a mistake. But everyone makes mistakes. Ezra made the mistake of making a journal in the first place. People know that everyone's going to read it." I say. They all give me looks.

"Yeah ok." Zeb says. I was about to say something, but then I started to feel really cold.

"Does anyone feel that?" I ask.

"Annoyed? Yes." Sabine says. I roll my eyes. Then the coldness got worse.

"Hera are you sure you fixed the heating machine?" I ask her starting to shiver.

"Yeah why?" Hera asks. That's when I start to feel pain rush through my body.

I start to groan and go on my knees. Hera kneels down beside me.

"Kanan are you ok?" She asks me. I couldn't answer her. All of a sudden I see an image of river. Even though I'm not there, I could feel the coldness as if I was in it.

I look closer to see a form being pulled into the river and disappears in the darkness. It took me a second to realize who that form was.

"Guys........it's Ezra. He's in trouble." I say.