Chapter 6: The stranger

Kanan's dream

I see Ezra being taken out of the van and dragged into an unknown field. "Ezra!!!" I shout but he doesn't hear me. I try to move but it feels like I'm chained to something.

"Help me!!!! Please someone help!!!!" Ezra shouts. That's when the figure takes out a knife and starts to stab him. "Ahhh!!!! Stop!!!!" Ezra shouts in pain. His screams are just unbearable. There is blood all over him. That's when his screams stop and he goes unconscious.

The figure then starts to bury him in dirt. I wanted to punch the life out of him. "Leave him alone!!!!!" I shout but he doesn't hear me. I start to cry. Ezra's dead. Ezra's dead. Ezra's dead!!!!!!!!

Kanan's pov

I woke up drenched in sweat. My heart was beating so hard. It was just a nightmare, Ezra's not dead. I try to calm myself down but the image of him being stabbed keeps coming back to me.

My stomach starts to growl. I just realized that I haven't eaten in days. I get up and go into the kitchen and make some waffles. When I take them out of the toaster, I lose my appetite. I was starving before and now I'm full.

I decide to put the waffles away and go into the common room to see if Fulcrum tried to contact me. Not one transmission. They probably haven't found him yet. Today is Thursday, two days till Hera comes back.

I just decide to go back into Ezra's room and read his book again because there is nothing else I could do at the moment.

February 16

OH MY GOSH!!!! I'm freaking out right now. My parents left me alone in our house and a stranger broke in. I'm hiding in my closet. The only reason I'm writing is to calm myself down. This is one of the things I do to relax.

I hear something outside my door. It sounds like the stranger is talking. I think he's trying to find something. What do I do? I'm so scared. I hope my parents get here soon.

The stranger is really close to my door. I don't think I'm gonna make it. OH NOOO HE FOUND M

The entry ended there. I really wish Ezra was here to tell me the full story. I decide to read the next one.

February 28

I'm finally home!!!! It's been awhile since I've seen my house and my parents. In my last entry, the stranger broke into our house and took me. He told me his name was Mike in his van.

He took me to his house and treated me like I was his guest. Which was weird because he kidnapped me. Mike was actually pretty nice to me. Once in awhile he would get mad but not to the point where he couldn't control himself.

And he took me outside too. He just told me to stay with him and to not say anything. I didn't want to make him mad so I obeyed. But I really missed my parents after a few days. I tried to tell Mike that but all he said was that I was going to stay with him and not my parents anymore.

I had my own room. There were no windows for me to escape but it was still nice. The bed was pretty comfy, it only made me miss my bed at home more. Mike would have to work so he had to bring me to a community place or something.

He strictly told me not to call anyone. I did what he said. But one day I decided to call my parents. When I heard my mom's voice, I started to cry. I told her where I was and she immediately came to get me.

That leads to right now. I don't know what's going to happen to Mike but I told my parents to not do anything bad to him. They seemed confused but listened to me. They started to do a search for him but haven't found him yet.

I just hope it stays like that.

Ezra

So Ezra has been kidnapped before? That Mike guy sounds weird. The way Ezra described him seemed off. Why didn't he want them to find Mike? Was it because he seemed nice? That's probably it.

I'm extremely worried. What if that man did something to Ezra already? Fulcrum needs to find him. She has to find him. She's my only hope.