23- The Backstabber

Começar do início

Now the souls are living in her and her clean soul is their food source. Does Taetae know about it? About the consequences of letting a human to eat something made of those...? "Taetae." I call as Taetae looks up, his gaze meets mine.

"Nei(Yes)?" He asks, but has shimmered down a bit, making me a little disappointed somehow as he's not as provoking as he is just now.

"Would you come here with me for a second?" Slowly, both of us pushes our chairs while standing up. Taetae nods after 2 or 3 seconds of hesitation. But suddenly, he nearly stumbles on the table, as if his legs are limped. He stretches out his hands instinctively to brace himself, his breath is heavy.

This is too much. I remember asking for just a speck, but not for an amount. "Wae(Why)?" He asks softly, feeling betrayed while he stares at me. "I eat here because..of trust. But I am wrong.." He starts sobbing until all attentions are casted onto him.

"What happen Tae? Please don't scare me." It's Haylee who's questioning. Taetae's tension loosens once he has heard her, making me jealous. He pats her head gently and manages to let out a smile.

"I'll tell Jeon Ryeong to bring you back." So that messenger also works as his butler too huh?

"No. I want to stay with you." Haylee's arms twine around Taetae's stubbornly. Before Taetae can react, two loud crashes of heads against plates can be heard. All of us follow the noises' source and eventually see the two collapsed councils.

Soon, my temples starts to ache and so do that poor girl, her fingers loosen and are no longer bound together. As for Taetae, he can only slumps back onto the chair and watches the councils around him collapsing one by one, including me.

***

Third person's POV

Struggling hard to stand up properly, Taehyung's gasp and breath is getting louder as more energy is drained unconditionally. "What is happening..?" He mumbles. Soon, pain strikes Taehyung's back as the powder is existed to break his wings, he groans and when the pain gets more intense, he lets out a silent scream while tumbling onto the ground helplessly. "Somebody.." He coughs. "...help.." The pain is getting more overwhelming and dizzying.

Taehyung stretches out his right hand towards the door when someone opens it in the meantime. A man dressed in pitch black enters. His dark wings are unfolded on his back. Those aren't feathery, but leathery wings like the bats'.

"Jeon Ryeong?" There are more men following him from behind, striding into the dining room with pride as Taehyung asks for his help. "Dowa zuseiyo(Please help)..." However, he's rewarded by Jeon Ryeong's cold and lifeless black orbs when their gazes meet.

Jeon Ryeong hums in amusement as he walks away from Taehyung, earning Taehyung's confused crayola eyes in return. He tries to get up but the amount of powder he has consumed is too much, his stomach finally lies flat on the ground as his body goes numb.

Taehyung's vision is getting poor but someone slaps him in the face while two forces pulling him up by grabbing his arms. "Aniyo(No), you are going to watch this whole scene with your eyesss, wide opened." says Jeon Ryeong in his grim expression which no one has ever seen before.

"You traitor! How could-" A twisted cloth is then pulled beneath Taehyung's mouth, muffling his words full of rage and betrayal.

"How could I?" Pulling Taehyung's hair, Jeon Ryeong's face is changing, from an unknown to someone tall and handsome. Joon Ji Hoon is his real name or everyone are used to call him Rain.

The man smirks as Taehyung's eyes are turning from colours to colours in the speed of how electric shocks do

The man smirks as Taehyung's eyes are turning from colours to colours in the speed of how electric shocks do. Crayola, yellow, dark brown, grey, dark blue and finally-

 Crayola, yellow, dark brown, grey, dark blue and finally-

Skyblue. The colour of revenge. You might be thinking that this is a colour which gives peace, however, it gives an opposite meaning in Hell as the colour doesn't exist in the place. Neither in the sky, nor the buildings. The only colours existed are as dull as possible. Black, grey and white. Like a charcoal painting.

The brighter the colour, the more it represents how revengeful a demon gets. As for angels, they are having different colours which represents anger.

"Finally recognise me? Kim Taehyung?" asks Ji Hoon in his gritted teeth while letting go off Taehyung's hair forcefully, leading out a groan from his victim. "Get all of them into Ak Yeon, and leave Park Bogum, Kim Taehyung along with his belove to me." orders Ji Hoon towards his helpers, or knights. Ak Yeon means 'doomed love' in Korean. "I want to see how torturous love plays a role in breaking fragile hearts." Since when does Ji Hoom has gathered so much power until he becomes a Greater Demon?

The accumulation of rage, despair, guilt and last but not the least, an extremely revengeful spirit which always acts as a phantom in him, reminding him to get stronger. Until now, here he is.

*Are you guys wondering why Jeon Ryeong is seeking for revenge? Now, I'm giving you freedom to comment your guesses below

*Thanks for reading~ 700+ reads is not that easy and this needs determination. Lots and lots of determination. And you know what, you guys are the reason for me to keep this up(*σ´∀')σ