Call (Park Part 2)

You're about to receive a call from your hopefully-future-girlfriend, Demi...

"Hey," you say, picking up on the first ring.
"Hey yourself," she replies, and you can hear her smiling.
Your heart already starts beating faster, and you switch her to speaker so you can cook while you talk.
"What are you doing right now?" you ask.
"I'm about to make dinner," she says, and you let out a little laugh.
"Me, too."
"What are you making?" she asks.
"I'm thinking of making pasta," you respond, and she hums.
"Mmm that sounds great."
"Naporitan," you tell her. "Lots of onions, mushrooms, and peppers. Ketchup, a bit of Japanese sauce," you continue, and she sighs contentedly.
"Fuck, can I come over?"
"What?" you laugh, thinking she's joking.
"Please? You're making me hungry for your pasta," she tells you, and your feel your heart skip a beat.
"I'd love to have you over for dinner," you reply, and you can tell that she's smiling. "You know the Amberstine building?"
"Yeah, by that bookstore, right?" she asks.
"Yep, that's it. I live on the third floor. Room 321," you tell her, and she laughs.
"Lucky 321," she chuckles.
"Mhmm."
"I'll be there in a few minutes," she says.
"Oh, you can bring Batman. Our building allows pets, and I'd love to see him, too," you tell her.
"Awesome! I'll see you in a bit," she says.
"Bye." You can't stop smiling.
"Bye."
You hang up and go into the kitchen. You feel so excited. You absolutely love cooking, and you know you're going to win her over with your pasta.
You quickly preheat the oven and grab some vegetables before cutting them up and tossing them with a bit of olive oil and herbs. You put the vegetables in the oven to roast for a while.
Getting out the ingredients for the pasta, you start chopping and cooking.
As you're sautéing the vegetables, you hear the doorbell.
"Come on in," you call, and you hear the door open. With the sound of scampering paws on your floor, Batman comes charging toward you. "Batman!" you laugh as Demi comes up behind him.
She'd changed into a simple black dress with a long light pink cover up.
"Damn," you say without thinking, and she meets your eyes. You feel your cheeks flush, and she laughs lightly.
"Thank you?" she responds, taking off her cover up and placing it on the back of a chair.
"You look amazing," you tell her, and she smiles.
"Thank you," she says again. "Want some help?"
"That would be great," you reply. "Could you strain the spaghetti? I think it's done."
"Should I try it?" she asks, coming up beside you.
"Yeah."
She takes the lid off the pot, and you hand her a pair of chopsticks.
"Um. I can't really—"
"Oh, right. sorry," you laugh, taking the chopsticks and handing her a fork.
"I should learn to use them," she comments, scooping up one noodle before trying it. "They're done," she says, taking the pot and dumping the noodles into the strainer in the sink.
"Thanks," you say, and she takes the strainer, shaking out the water before handing it to you.
You dump the noodles into the pan before adding some ketchup and Japanese sauce.
"It smells amazing," she says, and you grin.
"Thanks."
"What's in the oven?" she asks, and you look to her.
"Roasted vegetables," you reply, and she smiles.
"Oh, that sounds incredible."
After a while, the food is ready, and you get everything out, Demi helping you. It's really nice to do this with her. It makes you feel like you've known her forever. You can't believe you've only just met her today.
You start eating, and you talk about anything and everything. Demi loves the food, and you feel so happy.
Even after you finish eating, she helps you clean up. It almost feels like you're a married couple, and you do this everyday.
Once the dishes are done, you go to sit together on the couch with some ice cream.
"Is it just me, or does it feel like we've known each other forever?" she asks as Batman jumps up onto the couch beside you.
"It's not just you," you reply.
"It's weird," she says. "In a good way," she adds.
"Yeah," you agree, and she shifts in her seat until she's looking at you. "What?" you ask, your heart beating faster.
"I just really want to kiss you right now," she blurts out, and your eyes widen. You open your mouth to respond, but no words come out. "Is that okay?" she asks softly, and you nod wordlessly. She smiles slightly before leaning in and pressing her lips to yours.
You feel your heart flutter, and you smile against her. Putting the pint of ice cream aside, you put your hand on her face.
When she finally pulls away, it feels too soon.
"I couldn't help myself," she breathes.
"That's okay," you reply. "I liked it. A lot," you admit, and she laughs lightly.
"Me, too."

A/N
I loved writing this one
That chopsticks part was weird like I didn't plan on including it. It just kinda happened lmao