Warrior

*TRIGGER WARNING*

"Y/n?"
You let out a yelp, dropping the blade in your hand in surprise. It clatters to the floor, making you wince. You search for a towel, grabbing one and pressing it to your arm as you pick up the blade and struggle to get it back in the cabinet.
"Baby? Are you in here?"
"I'm fine, Demi. I'll be out in a minute," you reply, your voice surprisingly level and calm as you move around things in the cabinet, finally stuffing the blade in your box and closing the door.
"Are you sure you're okay?" Her voice is filled with worry, and you bite your lip.
"Yeah."
She pauses for a moment, but you know she's still outside the door.
"I'm coming in," she says, determination in her voice.
"I said I'm fine."
"No. I can tell that you're not fine," she counters, and you hear her trying to open the locked door.
"Just go away, Dems. I'm fine," you repeat, tears starting to fall from your eyes.
"You are not fine!" she snaps, a loud bang on the door following her words. "Open the door!"
"Just leave me alone," you plead, cringing as you wait for the bang to come. It never does, and you stare at the door, wondering what she's doing. Suddenly, you hear a clicking noise, and the door bursts open. Demi storms inside, her brown eyes widening as she sees the bloody towel on your arm. She comes up to you, dropping a paperclip on the counter before pulling you into her arms.
"My baby," she whispers, her voice breaking as she hugs you tightly.
"I'm sorry," you breathe, a tear falling down your face and onto her shoulder.
"It's okay. It's okay," she says soothingly, rubbing your back. "You're still my warrior, baby."
"But—"
"You're still my warrior," she repeats, pulling away to look at your face. "You're still alive. You're still fighting." She pauses, the only sound in the room her breathing and the occasional sniffle from you. She leans in, pressing a gentle kiss to your lips. "And I love you," she whispers as she pulls away.
You smile at her words, feeling safe in her arms. "I love you, too."

A/N
Not one of my best works, but I still lowkey like it