Doggo

You're at the animal shelter with your girlfriend, Demi...

"She's so cute!" Demi exclaims when she sees a brown Labrador.
"We found her just the other day," an employee tells you.
"She is cute," you comment, looking at her yellow eyes and wagging tail.
You crouch down to pet her through the bars, and she rolls over onto her back.
Demi continues down the aisle, hearing a small dog yapping.
"She's a good doggo," you say absently, petting the brown lab.
"Hey babe! This is the one!" Demi calls from down the aisle.
"But this one is adorable!" you reply, reluctantly standing up and going over to Demi. The brown lab looks sad as you walk away, and you bite your lip.
Demi eagerly points to a small black dog with curly fur.
"Oh he is cute." You look at his big round eyes and smile.
"He's the one," she says, and you hum.
"I want the brown lab."
"But this one."
"Is small. The lab would be bigger," you say, looking back at the lab, who's wagging her tail and watching you.
"Tell you what," Demi begins, scanning the aisle and looking at all the dogs. "We'll get them all."
"You're kidding."
"Nope. No, I'm not," she responds. "They're going to get the shot if we don't get them all, and I'm not about to leave here knowing some aren't going to live to see next week." She glances to the employee. "I mean, what's the difference? It's a small shelter. You have, what? Ten dogs?"
"Twelve," he replies.
"Two or twelve—who cares? I've always wanted to be buried in dogs," she jokes. "We can give some of them to my crew—Jill has been talking my ear off about how she wants a dog," she laughs.
"Yeah. Then, okay! Let's get them all!"

One reckless yet sweet decision, masses of paperwork, and one hour later...

"You got your wish," you laugh as Demi lies on the floor, excited dogs all over her. You can only see her legs and arms occasionally, and you can't stop laughing.
"If this is how I die, I can die happy," she yells, making a golden retriever start barking.
"DOGGOS!" you shout, picking up the brown lab and lying down on the floor beside Demi. A German Shepherd comes to lick your face, and you start laughing.
"This is the best day ever," Demi laughs, reaching for your hand and grabbing it.
"Oh yeah. I kind of want to keep them all," you respond, trying to keep the golden from slobbering all over you.
"Me, too!"
"Doggo! No!" you laugh as one tries to play tug-of-war with your shoe.
"I would kiss you if we weren't covered in slobber," Demi laughs, batting away a greyhound as she tries to eat Demi's hair.
"Same to you," you reply, feeling the happiest you've felt in a while, buried in doggos.

A/N
Doggos are great
Okay
Hello
I'm back
Kinda idk lmao