Park (Vanilla pt. 2)

You're at the park with your girlfriend, Demi...

"I want to feed the ducks," Demi says, looking at a paddling of ducks in the pond.
"We don't have anything to give them," you reply.
"I want to pet the ducks, then," she says, and you try not to laugh.
"They won't come unless you have food," you tell her, and she looks at you.
"Some might just want to be pet. Petted? Wait, is it pet or petted?"
"I think it's a generational thing. Now, pet is okay, but I think before, it was more petted than pet," you reply. "I'm not an English professor, though."
"Why not? What's the point in having a smart girlfriend when she's not even—" she gasps dramatically. "an English professor."
You burst out laughing, and she does, too.
"I'm going to look it up later," she says, and you throw your arm around her shoulders.
"You do that."
"But now, I want to pet ducks."
"Of course you do," you reply, and you walk toward the pond. The paddling of ducks paddle by, a few of them battling over a piece of food.
"They're not going to come out of the water," she comments as you watch them from the shore.
"Probably not. They're really cute, though," you say, smiling as you see a few ducklings. "Look at the little ducklings."
"Oh my god, they're adorable," she gushes, pulling out her phone to take some pictures.
You spend some times watching the ducks, and after a while, Demi puts away her phone and looks to you.
"Let's go sit somewhere."
You find a bench under a tree, the shade nice and cool. You snuggle into Demi's side, and she puts an arm around you. You sit quietly, watching some birds bathing in a puddle.
"This is nice," you say softly, enjoying the fresh air and the feeling of Demi's warm body beside you.
"Yeah." She kisses your temple, and you smile.
"You're still thinking about the ducks, aren't you?"
"I want to pet them!" she exclaims, making you laugh.
"Next time we come, we can bring some food," you reply, kissing her cheek.
"Yeah. Let's do that."

A/N
They're going to the park again fam