Birthday Party

Requested by lovatoandswift xx

You're planning a surprise birthday party for Demi...

"Thanks for coming," you say to Nick.
"Of course. I would've been mad if you hadn't let me in on the plan," he replies with a chuckle.
"Awesome," you laugh. "Here, this is the plan," you say, pulling out a binder from your bag.
"Very detailed, Monica," he jokes, and you roll your eyes.
"Shut up."
You take a sip of your coffee as he looks over the plan.
Suddenly, you hear the door open, and you look to the side to see Demi.
"Oh shit," you whisper, and Nick looks up, seeing her as well. You panic. You do the only thing you can think of doing. You grab the hat off Nick's head before grabbing his collar and yanking him forward.
"Wha—" He's cut off when you slam your lips onto his, holding the hat so that your faces are shielded from Demi's gaze.
"Hide the binder," you mumble, and he quietly moves it under the table.
"What the fuck?" It's Demi.
You pull apart, both of you looking panicked as hell. She, on the other hand, looks furious.
"What's going on?" she demands, and you lurch out of your seat.
"I can explain," you say, and she glares at you.
"With my best friend? Really? How could you?"
"Demi—" Nick starts, but she turns to him.
"I don't want to hear it," she snaps, turning around to leave.
"Demi, wait—" you say, grabbing her arm.
"Let go of me!" she orders, smacking your hand away sharply.
"Demi," you plead.
"Fuck off," she retorts, but you reach for her again. "I said fuck off!" she suddenly says loudly, hitting your arm.
"Don't fucking hit me!" you exclaim, grabbing your arm in shock. It didn't hurt that much, but you're in shock that she would do that.
"Don't fucking cheat on me with my best friend," she yells back before storming out of the restaurant.
You stare after her in awe, and Nick finally speaks up. "What are we going to do?"
You let out a breath. "Continue the party as planned."

———

You're so nervous. Will she show up? She could be too mad to do so.
You count down the minutes. It says she read your text. You just pray she'll come.
You wait, as does everyone else.
And then, by some miracle, she enters. You feel your heart lift, and the moment she turns on the lights, everyone yells, "SURPRISE!"
You run over to her and hug her before she can protest.
"What the fuck?" she exclaims, completely in shock.
"Nick and I were planning this party for you," you tell her, pulling away to look into her eyes.
"We panicked when we saw you come in," Nick says, coming up to the two of you.
"So there's nothing going on between you two?" Demi asks slowly, and you both shake your heads.
"You know I love you," you tell her, smiling slightly. You're overjoyed that things are okay between you.
"Yeah. I'm sorry I didn't listen to you. And hit you," she says sheepishly, and you chuckle.
"I know you were holding back. You were just mad," you respond. "It's okay."
"I love you," she says, looking into your eyes.
You feel your heart flutter. You lean in, pressing your lips to hers. "I love you, too."

A/N
it was not exactly how you'd said, but here it is haha
hope you enjoyed it!!