X Factor

Idea credits to: queenlovatojonas xx

You're at home with your girlfriend, Demi...

"Do you remember when we met?" she asks suddenly, and you look up at her.
You're lying in bed together, your arms wrapped around each other with Batman lying between you.
"Of course," you reply, smiling at the memory.
"And to think, I was planning on turning down the offer to be a judge," she says, meeting your eyes.
"I'm glad you didn't." You gently press your lips to hers, and she smiles against you.
"Me, too."
You can still remember how incredibly nervous you were...

Your heart beats rapidly in your chest, and you feel like you could just keel over at any moment.
"You'll do fine," you whisper to yourself, but the nerves don't go away. Damn X Factor.
It feels like forever until you're next to audition. You don't even know who the person in front of you is—that's the least of your worries.
You go on stage, your heart beating so loud that you're scared the judges can hear. Your eyes immediately flicker over to Demi as you move to the center, and she smiles. She's so beautiful. Suddenly, you don't feel as nervous anymore.
"I'm y/n," you say, looking to each of the judges, who nod to you. You look to Demi once more. She calms you. You'd chosen a song that was either the perfect choice or the worst possible choice. Well, it couldn't be as risky a choice as "Toxic". That could be disastrous.
"And you'll be singing?" Demi asks when you fall silent for a moment.
"Right. Sorry," you laugh awkwardly. "I'll be singing one of your songs," you admit, making her raise an eyebrow.
"Oh?"
"Give Your Heart A Break," you tell her, and she smiles.
"You'll do great," she responds, making you feel so much more confident.
You clear your throat, and the music starts. You start singing, feeling half-embarrassed for singing Demi's song in front of her. Maybe you shouldn't have chosen it, after all. Is it too late to go off script and suddenly take a sip from my devil's cup? Probably.
When you finish singing, to your surprise, the judges give you a standing ovation.
"That was amazing," Demi says, and you meet her eyes. Your heart feels like it's doing a dance, and you let out a laugh.
"Thank you," you say, your cheeks flushing.
Turns out there wasn't anything to worry about, after all.
Weeks go by, and you manage to sing your way through, staying in the competition. You wind up in Demi's house, and you get to know her better. It doesn't take long for both of you to realize that you like each other. A lot.
"Does this outfit look okay?" you ask, stepping out of the dressing room to show Demi. It's almost time for your performance, and you're incredibly nervous.
"You look gorgeous, my beautiful star," she says, coming over to you. "You're going to be amazing," she says, giving you a hug.
Your breath hitches as her familiar scent floods your nose. You wrap your arms around her, your heart beating rapidly.
"Thank you, Demi," you say, smiling as she pulls away slightly. You meet her brown eyes, and neither of you pulls away. Instead, you both lean in. Her lips meet yours, and it feels like butterflies are having a party in your stomach.
She tastes like strawberries. Her lips are soft against yours, and you've never felt anything more amazing.
When you pull away, it feels too soon, but you're both gasping for breath.
"You had something on your lip," she says, and you blink. Then she grins. "I got it for you...with my lips." She laughs lightly, making you smile. "Now, go out there and sing your heart out."
"Okay," you say, unable to stop smiling.
That night, you gave your best performance.
But all good things must come to an end. Two weeks later, you're eliminated—even with Demi's fierce defense of you.
You can't help it—you break down in tears on stage. Your dream is over. But suddenly, arms wrap around you, and her familiar scent floods your nose.
"It's okay, baby. You're an amazing singer. You're going to make it," she says, and you wrap your arms around her. Burying your face in her neck, you close your eyes tightly.
"It's okay," she whispers, and somehow, you know it is.
You stay in contact throughout the season, and she helps you work on your music. By the time the season ends, she's asked you to become her girlfriend—and you've said yes.
The media went insane. Ex-house-member and now girlfriend—with a successful career in music.
It turned out better than okay. I mean, you have your career, and you have Demi. What more could you want?

A/N
this was extremely hard to write because I don't know how the X Factor works lmao
I did research tho
Give me credit
Gimme
Anyway sorry if there're weird mistakes bc I'm so tired lmao my brain is fried