Chapter-24 : Another Nuisance

Start from the beginning

Well that's a horrible warning,mom!

So Bhaiya had to apologize as soon as possible, "Ya Allah, forgive me!! I didn't mean to chafe you!! I was just kidding!"

Mom let out a loud sigh with a victorious smile on her face. To be honest, I have missed these melodramas of my family so much!

When I went upstairs after dinner, brushing my teeth and polishing myself with moisturizer, mom entered into my room silently. Well I must say this is an awkward event.

"I need to talk to you Shayba."

What's with that tone? Ya Allah I'm scared already!

"Sure. What is it mom?" I replied with concern.

"Look dear,"she sat on the bed beside me,"You are all grown up now. You will get married someday and then leaving your poor parents alone, you will start your journey with your own husband. The person you will have to live with forever! The person who will love you more than anyone else and treat you as a queen if Allah wills! You get my point, right?"

Well I know that!!!! What's next????

"Yes mom. But why are you suddenly telling me all these?"I asked impatiently.

"Because I am your mother. I have to search for the person who will match perfectly with my precious daughter. I am the one who has to give your pretty little hands to someone who will take care of you by any means if you put it in the halal way! That is why I want you to know that I never want you to get married to someone when you yourself don't give consent. You dismissed Rahat and I agreed to that even when I knew that the relationship between me and my friend would aggravate. I called her and rejected the proposal for your sake yesterday."she spoke gloomily but hearing her my eyes dilated so much that they almost fell out of their sockets.

"SERIOUSLY???? Ohh THANK YOU MOM!!!!! Thank you so much!!! I love you!!!!" I squeezed her tight in a hug squeaking,"Ahhhhhh thanks for understanding me ma!! I love you to the moon and back!!" and placed a kiss on her cheek. Finally this woman decided to give up on this stupid guy!

She chuckled seeing my expression. "Why won't I understand you? I begot and raised you after all."

I hugged her again out of extreme happiness and she spoke again, "But listen, I didn't do it on my own will. Sabbir too didn't like that guy, god knows why. He compelled me to reject the proposal. Unless I'd never have done that."

"Bhaiya did that? Oh he is the bestest in the world!!! Thanks to both of you!"

She stared at me for a while and then said,"You have to keep my one request then."

"What is it? Just mention. I'd do anything for you!"

"Tomorrow a family will come to see you. And you will greet them soberly with a smile on your face."

Heh???

Wait what????? Did I just hear her right?? Did she just indicate my matrimonial topics??? AGAIN?????? I thought I finally got rid of it!!!

"What.are you.SAYING MOM?!?"

"You can't say no. Your Asma aunty brought this proposal. I think this boy is a gem and so does your dad. Hence I invited his parents yesterday. He is a really eligible bachelor Shayba. One in a million. Look, here is his bio data. I can guarantee that you won't be disappointed. Ask Sabbir. He has seen his photo. A really handsome boy, right Sabbir?"she looked at the door to gain some support from him who was standing by the door all this time eavesdropping with Annaba. Like seriously Bhaiya????

"Bhaiyaaa????"I at once glanced towards him helplessly making puppy dog eyes hoping that at least he will come to my help this time once again.

"Ummm yeaa...h. She is right Shai."