Locket

(Very sad Chapter)

I went into my mothers bedroom. Since my stepdad has money, he is tried everything he can to save her. But she is just to sick. She started smoking since I was 3 and never stopped. I begged her to but she never listened to me. Since there was nothing more doctors could do she wanted to die in her house.

"Mom?" I say to her.

"Hayden. Oh my baby." She says crying.

"Its ok Im right here." I say with tears forming in my eyes.

"Im sorry I left you. Your father let the drugs talk as he through me out. I tried to get you but he would let me. He said if O tried he would kill you." She says crying.

"I never knew that." I say now crying.

"Honey I want you to know that I have always loved you. I always will. I want you to be happy. Please tell me your happy." She cries out.

"Im very... happy.... Im amazing." I say chocking on my words.

"Im glad. I dont have that much time left. Only a few days or hours till Im gone. Please tell me why your so happy. It will take my mind off death." She says.

"Cole is why Im truly happy." I tell her.

"I've always like him. I know he will love you forever. Im happy for you. I just wish I could live longer and see everything that Cole does for you." She says barely able to breath.

"I know me too." I say crying.

She grabs my hand and smiles. Her face was pale and she wasnt able to breathe. My stepdad came in and sat beside me. He knew and I knew that this was the end of her. Her smile didnt leave her face but she did stop breathing. I remove my hand from hers. I started crying.

"Goodbye mom." I cry out.

"Its ok. Come with me lets go." My stepdad says.

I walk with him into the living room.

"Im glad you saw her. She didnt think you would. I loved your mother. She will always live on in my heart." He says.

"Thanks Ryan." I say to him.

"We are having a funeral for her this weekend. Stay until then." He says.

"Ok.I will." I say.

(Funeral Day)

I sat in the church with Ryan. My mom didnt have anyone else that she really cared about. We say our goodbyes to her. After the funeral. I called Cole.

Phone with Cole

Cole: Hey how are you

Hayden: Im ok

Cole: We are all sorry about your mom

Hayden: Me too

Cole: Hayden when you come back there are a lot of hugs that your going to get

Hayden: And I need everyone.

*knock on the door*

Hayden: Look babe I have to go, but I'll see you soon.

Cole: Ok I Love You

Hayden: I Love You too.

Phone call over

"Come in." I say.

Ryan walked in with a small box. He handed it to me.

"It was your mothers." He says.

I opened the box. It was my moms locket that she never took off.

"I know she would want you to have it." He says.

I close the box and put it in my bag. Ryan drove me to the airport. I said goodbye to him. He is way better than my dad. I was glad to be going back to LA to see Cole, but I was also mad that my dad forced my mom out.