Swipe Right. (Patrick Stump x Reader)

════════════════

Note: This imagine is not my own. It was written by my best friend, mikeywaystambourine

 It was written by my best friend, mikeywaystambourine

════════════════

Online dating. Fuck me.

Was I really this desperate?

Well, yeah apparently.

My "totally amazing" friends created an online dating profile for me without even bothering to tell me about it until right before my first blind date with a possible creep.

Just fucking great.

Not only do I not know the guy at all or what he looks like but I have no idea what we supposedly "have in common". This date is going to be just sooo amazing.

"I just don't understand why you guys thought this was necessary or funny," I huffed as I applied my make-up.

"Well you haven't been with a guy for a year now and we just thought that blind date might help you-"

"Help me what? Get kidnapped? Murdered? Only psychopaths use online dating! Show me one successful relationship that came from this bullshit."

"Look, [Y/N], we're trying to do you a favour here; maybe this guy could be the one... Also, I think you really need to lay off Criminal Minds."

"Well, unless he's in a band, I don't think so," I replied snarkily.

I rolled my eyes as I did the finishing touches to my make-up and continued with my hair and outfit. I'd really rather be sitting alone on the couch with my dog watching TV and not getting ready to possibly die.

I decided to take my own car just to make sure I could get away easily in case.

We were having dinner at Olive Garden which I actually liked since I go there all the time. Wow, I guess I can be positive. I got there first and 3 minutes later, in walked PATRICK STUMP?! What the hell was he doing here? Shit, I need to not sweat or get nervous in case my date comes. Wait, why is Patrick walking over to me? No, he can't be. My friends would've told me- shit, he's sitting down at the table. Fuck, I've got to say something.

I need to not mess this up, I need to be calm, something that I never am because anxiety.

"So, you're Patrick Stump."

"Yup."

Well, I found a way to fuck up in the first sentence. Nice one [Y/N]. Great fucking job.

"I'm sorry, I haven't been on a date in a while," I said shyly, looking at the breadsticks as if they were (something that could take me away) that could stop me from embarrassing myself further.

"Hey, it's okay, I haven't done the whole dating thing myself for a long time either," he said giving me the purest smile ever known to mankind.

He is so cute. How the hell am I going to survive this date without squealing like a freak?

"So, uh," he started, shifting uncomfortably in his seat, "Your-your.. nose is really pretty."

"Thank you, I think," I let out a nervous chuckle. "Your fedora is cool," I continued, pointing at the black hat on his head.

"Oh," his hands flew to his head in surprise. "Th-thanks," he stammered, blushing like the lil cherub that he is.

An awkward silence filled the air for the next little while before Patrick broke it.

"So, what music do you like?"

"Definitely not Fall Out Boy, they're a terrible band."

Patrick and I stared at each other for a few seconds before we both burst out laughing.

Maybe this is easier than I thought.

~

After our dinner of cute conversations and getting to know each other better, he asked for the cheque.

"Excuse me," he said in the most angelic voice, raising his hand like a 1st grader.

Gosh, this guy is going to be the death of me.

None of the waiters seemed to hear him and I could see him getting frustrated and trying to hide it.

"Excuse me," he said one more time, a bit louder. This time our waiter was nearer than before and still didn't hear Patrick.

He looked back at me and I could see that his cheeks were pink from embarrassment; he just looked even more like an angel.

I decided that because it wasn't working for him, I'd just call for the cheque instead and surprisingly, the waiter actually listened. I insisted on splitting the bill but Patrick refused to let me pay.

As he walked me back to my car, we spoke about going out for a second date which I happily accepted. Just as I was about to get into my car...

"Wait!" He looked timidly at his shoes before he said "Could I kiss you? I-if that's okay with you."

Again, he looked at the ground, almost as if he was waiting for my rejection.

"Sure."

Was that really all I could say? Ugh I hate myself.

His lips were soft and the kiss was sweet, it was like nothing I've ever felt before.

When we pulled apart, he smiled before saying goodnight and walking away. I watched him walk away for a while longer and when he thought I couldn't see him, he threw his fist up in the air in celebration. I sighed happily. He is so damn adorable.

_______________________________

Thank you for reading x