Her phone suddenly vibrated on the bedside table.

Kris [02.17]: are you awake?
[sent 02.18]: yeap
Kris [02.22]: meet me outside your room in two minutes!

Yeojin blinked at the message feeling her heart picked its pace again. Not in nervousness, but in sudden unexplainable excitement. Carefully she rose up and got out of the bed. She tiptoed her way to the door and glanced back at her sleeping sister before opening the door and slipping outside. Once she carefully closed the door, she spotted Kris coming out of the room he shared with Jinho.

"What is it?" She asked in a whisper raising a brow.

Kris rubbed his nape and bit down his lip seeming unsure. "Can I kiss you?"

"What?"

"Wait. That's not what I was going to say. I- Okay I messed up the order. What am I actually saying?"

Yeojin just stared at him with rounded eyes while he talked to himself. She found herself giggle at the sight of this Kris. "Kris," she called him. "Breathe. What do you actually want to say?"

"Alright." He calmed himself down; the whole thing actually amused Yeojin. "So I've been thinking."

"About?"

"Your confession."

Yeojin's heart skipped a beat yet again. Suddenly she couldn't bear looking at Kris in the eye without feeling shy, so she looked away. "W-what about it?" She tucked few strands of her hair behind her ear.

Kris cleared his throat. "Well... I know I'm not the only one you love."

The statement made her look up at him. Her heart was pinched.

Right. Her half-awake self did confess about loving Sehun too.

"I was happy when you said you love me just earlier, but... I don't want to force myself on you. I don't intend on giving up though." He tousled his hair. "But then it all feels uncertain."

Yeojin's gaze found the floor. She didn't know she made him feel that way.

"I'm tired of these uncertainties between us, Jin." He gently grabbed one of her hands.

"I'm sorry." Yeojin lowered her head even more.

"Don't be." Kris said with a smile. "Just answer this one question." Yeojin looked up and wait for the question. Kris took a deep breath before he let it out and asked, "Will you be my girlfriend?"

Yeojin blinked once. Twice. Silence ensued filling the gap between them as seconds passed. Kris waited for her answer with bathed breath; Yeojin suddenly let out a confused chuckle instead.

"Kris, are you drunk? I'm already your wife!"

"You are," he quickly replied. "Only on papers," he added in a mumble.

"What?"

Kris sighed. "I want us to start over. We were friends, but then we suddenly became husband and wife. We didn't marry because we love each other. I don't want that. I want to know where your heart is." His thumb softly grazed her knuckles. "We didn't get to experience having our feelings slowly grow for each other. It's like we just jump right to our current feelings. So, I want us to start over from scratch. I'm not forcing you though. I just want you to be honest with your feelings."

He grabbed her other hand and stared right into her eyes. "So, will you? Be my girlfriend?"

Oddly enough, Yeojin didn't feel as nervous as before. Instead, she felt this feeling of peace. Of safety. For a brief second, she was reminded of Sehun, but there was a determination in her that she wanted to try it with Kris. Her lips curled into a smile and she nodded.