Chapter 43 "Say It Ain't So"

*Lexi's P.O.V.*

A few days have passed since visiting Polly and Michael and that huge fight between Kenzie and Vicki. I felt really bad for Kenzie. Vicki clearly had no right to call her a terrible mother. I found it odd that Kenzie would just forgive her in an instant, because she's never like that. I know my best friend. She has always had a hard time trusting and forgiving people, because in the end of all of that, they always fuck her over. And I hate seeing Kenzie being treated like shit by those assholes. It's just not right. 

Since Nat and Alex took the kids to the park, it was just Kenzie and I at home together. She was still asleep, but a part of me wanted to talk to her more about what had happened and why she was acting up like this.

I went upstairs and knocked on her and Nat's bedroom door. "Dude, are you up yet?"

Kenzie moaned. "No...,"

I shook my head and walked in. "Kenzie, can we talk?"

Kenzie looked sick. She could barely keep her eyes open.

I spoke up. "W-What happened to you?"

She let out a sigh. "Nate slept with Nat and I last night," She said. "I-I think I caught something from him."

I nodded. "Anyway, I want to talk to you about the other day with Vicki."

Kenzie rolls her eyes. "I'm not talking about this right now."

"Kenzie, Vicki has no right to treat you the way she did!" I said. "I can't believe that you forgave her in just a split second. That's so unlike you!"

Kenzie sat up in the bed. Before she could say anything, she covered her mouth and ran straight to the bathroom to throw up.

I was shocked. Kenzie usually never gets the flu or anything. I mean, she does get really bad cramps when it's that time of the month. And the pain would get so bad that she does throw up sometimes, but I don't want to get further into that. I am going to have to talk to Vicki myself and talk to her about what had happened the other day.

Once Kenzie finished puking, she walked out of the bathroom and got back in bed. 

"Listen," I told her. "I am going to talk to Vicki today and talk to her about what happened the other day."

"Lexi, you don't need to do that," She said. "Everything has been talked over, and I'm pretty sure that everyone else is over it."

I cut her off. "I'm not!" 

Kenzie sighed. "C-Can I at least go with you?"

"Kenzie, you just threw up!" I said. "You should stay here and rest. Nat, Alex, and the kids should be back in a little while."

"Lexi, I'm fine!" She said. "What time are you leaving?"

I let out a sigh. "In an hour."

"I'll be ready," Kenzie said.

I nodded. "I'll call Polly and ask her if Vicki can meet us at lunch."

"Could we go to the cheesecake factory?" She asked.

I smiled. "Of course!"

I didn't want to fight with Kenzie, so to make her happy I agreed to take her to the cheesecake factory. 

What could I say? Their cheesecake is EVERYTHING!

Once Kenzie had gotten ready, Vicki agreed to meet us for lunch. But she has no idea what's to come. I really hated the whole situation from the other day. And I really wanted to talk to her right as the whole blowout happened, but I didn't want to cause any trouble while visiting Alex's parents. This may sound strange, but I have an odd feeling that Vicki may be working with Bella, Margaret, and Justin. I don't know if it's true or not, so I am not going to try to assume anything. But at the same time, I feel like I have no other choice.