Chapter 45 "Old Friends"

*Nat's P.O.V.*

Tears were running down my cheeks. I couldn't believe that John was shot by Bella. Kenzie and I still haven't found a new place to live yet, and since I'll be shooting a new movie soon, I need to make sure that everyone in my family is safe while I'm gone.

"Joe took him into emergency surgery," Alex said. "And Lexi is at home with the kids, but I told her that she should go to Mom and Dad's house. I know that Vicki isn't there right now, because she's only with Dad during the daytime."

"How do you know for sure that she isn't there?" I asked. "Alex, you and I both know that I won't EVER let that woman near my children!"

Alex nodded. "Mom told me that Vicki only goes over there during the day," He said. "I told her what happened yesterday when Kenzie and Lexi met up with her, and she might fire Vicki."

"Wait," Kenzie said. "If she fires Vicki, then what will happen to your dad?"

I shrugged. "Either my mother will find a new nurse for him or my dad will have to live in a retirement home," I say, letting out a sigh. "I know that he will absolutely hate it if he has to go to a retirement home. He's been to one before, and it got so bad that police had to kick him out."

"W-What did he do?" Kenzie asked.

"He refused to take his medication," I said. "When he refused to take it, he went crazy! None of us ever thought that it would get that far to make my father angry. But apparently in the end, the nurse who told him to take his medication asked him far too many times, and that's pretty much why he went insane."

I really hoped that I don't turn into my father when I'm his age. When I'm old and grey, I don't want to be miserable all the time and drive my loved ones crazy like my dad did. I want Kenzie and I to be just as happy together as we were from the beginning. Sure, we'll have our ups and downs in our marriage, but in some odd way, we can always forgive each other. I'm not sure how that's even possible, but it was.

And one last thing that I would want when I'm a much older man, I don't want to be living in a retirement home or anything like that. I don't want a personal nurse. The only person I want to take care of me was Kenzie. And I know that it will be a struggle sometimes, but I know that everything will be okay, just like always.

But most importantly, I would rather have my wife change my old man diapers than some random stranger.

Is that weird? It feels weird.

Or maybe I'm just weird.

Yup. Pretty much.

I don't know why, but for some odd reason, I kept staring at the handcuffs that Alex was wearing.

"I promise you that Lexi and I weren't doing anything suspicious," He said. "These handcuffs aren't even mine, I swear!"

I shook my head and sighed again. All I could think about was that one of my closest friends in the entire world, was in emergency surgery because people keep stalking us. First it was Margaret and Justin, and now it's Bella and Wyatt. 

The only crazy thing about this whole stalker thing with Alex and I's ex girlfriends, is that nobody really knows why they are doing this to us. I mean, I do somewhat remember while Kenzie and I were rescuing the triplets in the U.K., that Margaret said that she only wanted me for my money, fame, and sperm. And I KNOW that it will never happen! I'm not giving that whore anything, no matter how many times she asks for it, kidnaps me, or perhaps even KILL me! I don't love Margaret. I never did. She only wants attention, and apparently sperm from a huge variation of male celebrities!