Chapter 6 "Long Distance Relationships Will Kill You"

*Nat's P.OV.*

As Kenzie and I said our goodbyes, I tried not to shed tears. Two months without Kenzie with me will be a struggle. Oh well. I still had John Green with me, so it probably won't be too bad. 

Kenzie kissed my lips. "I love you, Nathaniel."

"I love you too," I said. "Be safe, alright? Don't talk to strangers, or weirdos, or anything like that, you hear me?"

Kenzie kissed me again. "I'll be okay," she said. "And that goes the same to you, Mr. Wolff."

I smiled at her. Tears rolled down both of our cheeks. 

"We'll call each other every day, right?" she asked.

I nodded. "Yeah. We can also text each other, or Skype or anything you want."

"Okay," she said.

Lexi stuck her head out of the tour bus window. "Kenzie, come on! We have to leave now!"

Kenzie nodded. "Alright, I'll be right there."

I sighed. "I guess this is goodbye."

Before I knew it, Kenzie hugged me tightly. I hugged her back, and whispered to her. "I love you so much."

"Nat, can I ask you something?" Kenzie asked.

"Of course," I said.

"If I ever get nervous before a show, could I still imagine you wearing a bikini?" she asked.

I smiled. "Yes, you can imagine that."

She smiled back. "Thank you."

"Could I have one last hug before you go?" I asked.

Before I could finish my sentence, Kenzie hugged me again, even tighter. After that final hug and kiss with my fiance, I watched her walk away and went inside of her tour bus. She sat by the window that was closer to me. I waved her goodbye, and she had done the same. Then the bus driver started the bus, and Kenzie was on her way.

Meanwhile, at the house, I began to pack my bags, too. I promised Kenzie that I would go to her parents' funeral. I walked into the closet and grabbed my nicest clothes and shoes. Then I went into the bathroom to get my toothbrush, hairbrush, and a bunch of other essentials I needed. Once I finished packing everything, I walked downstairs into the living room and watched some t.v for a bit. Soon, I fell asleep. It turns out, I slept throughout most of the day. Finally, I woke up at around ten o'clock, to the sound of my phone ringing. Kenzie's picture popped up on the screen.

I picked it up and yawned. "Hey baby."

"Hi sweetie," she said. "I just thought I'd call you to tell you that we made it to the first stop of the tour. We're in Maryland right now."

"Cool," I said. "I miss you."

"I miss you too," she said. "What did you do today? Anything fun or interesting?"

I shook my head. "I just packed my bags for the funeral and slept afterwards," I said. "I just woke up like, two minutes ago."

"Lucky you," she said. "Well, I should probably get going. I'll talk to you you later, okay?"

"Okay," I said. "Goodnight babe, I love you."

"I love you too," she said. "Goodnight."

I hung up the phone and smiled a little. I started getting hungry, so I decided to get up and make myself something to eat. There was nothing in the fridge but ice cream and frozen pizzas. I shook my head. Then I looked in the pantry. Hmm... Nutella, tuna and crackers, and spaghetti. That's a weird combination. I looked around the rest of the kitchen and figured that I might as well get a little bit chocolate wasted tonight. I went to the fridge again and grabbed the ice cream, then the nutella, and made myself the biggest sundae I could ever eat.