Chapter 47 "Wind Beneath My Wings"

*Nat's P.O.V.*

As I just stared and watched as my wife ran upstairs crying her eyes out, a part of myself was upset. I wasn't upset with Kenzie. At least, I didn't think I was. And I didn't necessarily want to be upset with her, too. After about a minute or so, I had realized that I had been staring at the staircase much longer than I should have. I didn't even notice that my son Jason was tugging on my shirt.

"Daddy, I have to go potty!" He said.

I shook my head and then I picked him up. "Let's go."

"D-Daddy, hurry!" Jason began to cry a little.

I ran to the nearest bathroom and helped Jason undress and then placed him on his little potty. And I know what you're thinking. My sons are all three years old now, shouldn't they be using a normal toilet like the rest of us? Well, for some odd reason whenever I would talk to my boys about it, they would always act scared and say a bunch of crazy things. They were afraid of falling in, or that a monster would pop out of nowhere and try to get them.

Okay, I honestly have no fucking clue. My kids have such crazy imaginations.

"Jason, it's okay!" I told him. "You don't have to cry. Daddy's here."

Jason wiped his tears from his cheeks. "I-I pooped myself again!"

I sighed. "It's alright," I told him. "Daddy will clean you up."

He sniffled.

After about a minute or so, Jason calmed down a little bit and he continued to use the potty.

"D-Daddy, can I ask you something?" Jason asked.

I nodded. "Sure."

He looked at me for a few seconds, then at the floor. "A-Are you and Mommy getting a divorce?"

My heart stopped beating for a moment.

I shook my head. "No, we're not."

I was shocked that he knew the word "divorce". He's only three, and now I'm starting to wonder where he got that idea from, but I didn't say anything.

"W-Why are you fighting with Mommy all the time, if you're not getting one?" Jason asked. "D-Did we do something wrong?"

"Jason," I say, letting out a sigh. "Mommy and I argue sometimes. In fact, a lot of married people do that. But nothing is you or your brothers' faults." I told him. "You'll understand when you're much older, when you find the perfect girl of your own someday."

Jason nodded. "B-But Daddy, what if I don't want to be with girls?"

I raised an eyebrow. "Whoever you fall in love with, whether if it's a girl or even a boy, your mother and I are always going to support you. Because we love you, and we care about you."

Jason smiles, briefly. "Daddy, I think you should make up with Mommy and tell her you're sorry!"

I nodded. "I kind of already did," I said. "But maybe I could give her a little something to cheer her up. What do you think?"

He nodded. "You should give her roses!"

Honestly, I didn't know why I was taking advice from my three year old. But Jason did have a point. I needed to make up with Kenzie, and make things better for our future and our marriage. After talking with Jason, I helped clean himself up and he went along and played upstairs. I thought a lot about what we had talked about. As I walked back into the living room, I went and grabbed my car keys.