Chapter 44 "Eventually...,"

*Alex's P.O.V.*

I really need to stop lying to everyone. Especially when it comes to my wife, Lexi. What she had said about Vicki and I was true. I DID have an affair with her, but she made me do it! Vicki told me that if she and I wouldn't "do it", then she would tell the paparazzi about her and I. Worst of all she would tell Lexi about it. And she DID tell her, but I just had to be that "good" husband and tell her that it wasn't true. God, why am I such an asshole?! I just know that when Lexi finds out the truth, I won't ever see her or my children ever again. Right then and there, Lexi will file for a divorce and I'll be a single dad of twins. Who knows? I may never get to see them if she gets full custody of them. And if I go and try to see them, she will most likely file a restraining order on me. I-I can't lose them! I can;t lose everything I have ever loved. Not even will my family be taken away from me, but who knows? Maybe my career will go downhill, too. 

As I was silent, Lexi poked my mole. "Alex honey, we can go see Kenzie and Nat now."

I looked at her, then nodded. "W-Where are the kids?"

Lexi looks back at me, confused. "You took them to your parents' house, remember?"

I nod slowly. "Oh, right!" I say, shaking my head afterwards. "I-I forgot I did that."

Lexi held my hand and then a nurse brought us to a private room where Kenzie and Nat were in. They were both crying and hugging one another.

"I-Is everything okay?" I asked.

Nat sniffles and wiped his boogers with his sweatshirt sleeve. "W-We lost the baby...,"

Lexi and I went and gave them both the longest hugs that you can imagine. Well to be fair, I only hugged Nat and Lexi hugged Kenzie.

"H-How did this happen?" I asked.

"She was bleeding a lot," Nat said. "And she's been forgetting to take her vitamins every day like she's supposed to."

"Why have you been forgetting to do that, Kenzie?" Lexi asked.

"It's the way they taste," Kenzie said. "They all taste like dirt or poop, and they are really gross."

Nat turned towards her. "I thought I bought you the good flavored ones?"

"You didn't!" She said. "You should never trust what they say on the bottles or boxes. It's a bunch of bullshit."

Nat sighed. "Sorry babe," He said. "I'll do better next time."

"Next time?" Kenzie asks, raising her voice a little. "Nathaniel, I just had a miscarriage and now all of a sudden you think that we can just fuck some more and try for another right now?!"

"Hey, calm down!" He said. "I didn't mean that we can start again right away! I was going to say whenever you are ready to start trying again, then I will be more careful next time when I buy you things both you and our child will need." He let out a sigh. "Don't get so angry with me right now, okay?" He paused for a minute.

Before he could finish his sentence, Kenzie cut him off. "-Get out of my room!"

"What did I do?" He asked. "I'm not doing anything wrong."

Lexi and I looked at each other. Then I spoke up. 

"We're uh, gonna go home," I said. 

"Come on, don't leave!" Nat said. 

"No no," I said. "We really should be going. The twins are with Mom and Dad, and if we leave them there for too long, they will probably think that we are never coming back and it's just going to be a big mess."