Chapter 22 "Dirty Diapers"

*Lexi's P.O.V.*

The babies' first night home from the hospital wasn't as bad as Alex and I thought it would be. Angie only woke up a few times to be fed and cuddled with, while Andy kept Alex awake most of the night. This morning, I was walking downstairs and I could hear Nat and Kenzie giggling in the bathroom. It was pretty weird, but so hilarious at the same time. After a few seconds, I continued to walk downstairs and into the living room. Alex was holding Andy whilst rocking him in a rocking chair. 

"Good morning, Alex," I said.

He yawned. "Morning..."

"How's my favorite boy today?" I asked, leaning towards Andy to kiss him.

"He's a little stinker," Alex said. "He kept me up all night long."

"Want me to take him for you?" I asked. 

He nodded. "Please."

I smiled and took Andy from him. "You should take a nap. I think I've got this under control."

Alex stretched out his arms and yawned again. "I'll be upstairs. If you need me, you can wake me up."

"Okay," I said. 

Once Alex had gone upstairs, I sat on the couch with Andy. Then the triplets came downstairs and started running around the house, just like they always did.

"YOU CAN'T GET ME!" Shane yelled.

Andy immediately started to cry. I sighed and said, "Shane, you woke up Andy."

"So?! I don't care! He's just a baby!" he said.

"He's your little cousin," I said. "And he loves you."

Shane crossed his arms. "Your point is?!"

"My point is that you are being too loud," I told him. "Why don't you guys go play upstairs in the playroom?"

"There's nothing fun to do in the playroom!" Shane said. 

"Yeah, cause Big Bird isn't feeling well!" Jason said.

"He's probably pregnant again...," Nate said.

I laughed a little. "Well, why don't you go make him feel better?"

They all shrugged. 

"Daddy kicks us out when he's not feeling well!" Shane said.

I looked at Jason and Nate, and they nodded.

Andy farted. "I think someone needs a diaper change."

Kenzie came downstairs to make breakfast. "Hey guys."

"Hey," I said. "What's for breakfast?"

"Uh, I don't know," she said. "How about pancakes?"

"PANCAKES!!!" the boys screamed.

Andy cried again. "I gotta change Andy's diaper. When I'm done, would you like me to give you a hand?"

She smiled. "That would be great!"

"Okay, cool!" I said.

I took Andy upstairs into the nursery and changed his diaper. He pooped a lot! And right when I took his diaper off, he was still pooping. I don't know how much milk this little guy has had over the past few days, but MAN! I could just, vomit right now. But I didn't have time to. I had to change Andy's diaper no matter how terrible it smelled.

After I changed Andy's diaper, I put him down for a nap. Then I checked on Angie, who was fast asleep. After that, I went to check on my husband, Alex. When I walked into our bedroom, he was sprawled out on our bed, only wearing his boxers. I went over to him and kissed him on the cheek. Then I went downstairs and helped Kenzie make breakfast.